New Jersey News
Teaneck house fire sends 5 to hospital
TEANECK, N.J. -- Five people were treated at a hospital for smoke inhalation and minor injuries after a fire damaged a two-family home in northern New Jersey.
But it's not yet clear what caused the blaze at the Teaneck home, which broke out early Saturday. Fire officials say it appears that the fire started in an oven.
The blaze was contained to the back area of the home, and no major damage was reported.
The five people taken to the hospital all lived on the home's second floor.
Authorities say some other residents also suffered minor injuries, but refused treatment at the scene.
new jersey, teaneck, bergen county, fire, new jersey news
- Snow changes to rain and ice, causing slick roads 18 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in South Africa 1 min ago
- Obama to pay tribute to Mandela in South Africa
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys
- MTA announces new safety measures after derailment
- New Jersey black bear hunt set for Monday
- Paul Walker memorial draws thousands in California
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Snow changes to rain and ice, causing slick...
18 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos