New Jersey News
Teaneck house fire sends 5 to hospital
TEANECK, N.J. -- Five people were treated at a hospital for smoke inhalation and minor injuries after a fire damaged a two-family home in northern New Jersey.
But it's not yet clear what caused the blaze at the Teaneck home, which broke out early Saturday. Fire officials say it appears that the fire started in an oven.
The blaze was contained to the back area of the home, and no major damage was reported.
The five people taken to the hospital all lived on the home's second floor.
Authorities say some other residents also suffered minor injuries, but refused treatment at the scene.
new jersey, teaneck, bergen county, fire, new jersey news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97