New Jersey News
Teaneck house fire sends 5 to hospital
TEANECK, N.J. -- Five people were treated at a hospital for smoke inhalation and minor injuries after a fire damaged a two-family home in northern New Jersey.
But it's not yet clear what caused the blaze at the Teaneck home, which broke out early Saturday. Fire officials say it appears that the fire started in an oven.
The blaze was contained to the back area of the home, and no major damage was reported.
The five people taken to the hospital all lived on the home's second floor.
Authorities say some other residents also suffered minor injuries, but refused treatment at the scene.
new jersey, teaneck, bergen county, fire, new jersey news
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt 32 min ago
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village 45 min ago
- Woman charged Thursday with neglect after living in a van with...
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos