New Jersey News
Teaneck house fire sends 5 to hospital
TEANECK, N.J. -- Five people were treated at a hospital for smoke inhalation and minor injuries after a fire damaged a two-family home in northern New Jersey.
But it's not yet clear what caused the blaze at the Teaneck home, which broke out early Saturday. Fire officials say it appears that the fire started in an oven.
The blaze was contained to the back area of the home, and no major damage was reported.
The five people taken to the hospital all lived on the home's second floor.
Authorities say some other residents also suffered minor injuries, but refused treatment at the scene.
new jersey, teaneck, bergen county, fire, new jersey news
- Worker injured after forklift swallowed by sinkhole 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: More Humid
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Young child fatally shot outside Jersey City home
- Metro North train collision to affect service all week
- Hofstra remembers Andrea Rebello as probe continues
- Person of interest ID'd in deadly Queens bus shooting
- Rally planned after West Village hate crime murder
- 1 dead, 1 rescued when car ends up in Huntington Harbor
- Winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- Photos: Photos from the Billboard Awards
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma