New Jersey News
Airport worker robbed, killed in Newark
NEWARK, N.J. (WABC) -- A hard working young man was shot and killed on his way home from working at Newark International Airport.
"I don't any problems with people I just want the people who did this to get caught," the victim's father said.
That plea came from the victim's grieving father who is desperately hoping police will catch his son's murderer.
Bruce Santos' father asked Eyewitness News not to identify him and his family, he's worried because his son's killer is still on the loose.
He says his son never gave him any problems.
"All he does is go to work and come home. Go to work and come home," his father said.
The 26-year-old was heading home from his job as a baggage handler at Newark International Airport.
On his way to the home he shared with his parents and brothers, police believe he was confronted by a robber who shot and killed him near Lincoln Park just down the street from City Hall.
Prosecutors say a passerby found Him unresponsive around 10 Tuesday night.
"He didn't come home. They tried to rob him. They tried to rob him. All I want please is justice," his father said.
Family members say Santiago worked around the clock but he had a passion for writing poetry.
They are words that they now say echo in their hearts and minds.
"If there's anyone who saw anything, please, I know someone saw something, if something happened to them. That's what I want," his father said.
If you have any information you are asked to call the Essex County Prosecutor's Office at 877-847-7432.
The Essex County Sheriff's Office is now offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to an arrest in this case.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, murder, robbery, shooting, new jersey news, carolina leid
- Teen heading to prom dies in car accident
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- 2nd murder conviction in death of cop Peter Figoski
- 'Unusual condition' seen before Metro North crash
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash. river 55 min ago
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- A-Rod sells home and makes $15 Million profit 51 min ago
- abcnews: Hurricane season could be 'extremely active'
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash....
55 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos