New Jersey News
FedEx driver struck and killed in New Jersey
WOODBRIDGE (WABC) -- A FedEx driver making a delivery in New Jersey was struck and killed by a passing van Friday morning.
The incident happened on New Dover Road and Fairview Avenue in the Colonia section of Woodbridge just before 11 a.m.
The FedEx driver, identified as 43-year-old William Convery , was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of van that hit him was airlifted to Robert Wood Johnson Hospital.
Police say Convery was standing in the rear of the truck when the car struck him, killing him.
The identity of the driver has not been released, and the circumstances of the crash are unknown at this time.
No charges have been filed at this time.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, woodbridge, accident, pedestrian struck, new jersey news
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train 23 min ago
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Animal activists protest outside Liam Neeson's home
- Another delayed GM recall detailed by new documents 43 min ago
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines