New Jersey News
FedEx driver struck and killed in New Jersey
WOODBRIDGE (WABC) -- A FedEx driver making a delivery in New Jersey was struck and killed by a passing van Friday morning.
The incident happened on New Dover Road and Fairview Avenue in the Colonia section of Woodbridge just before 11 a.m.
The FedEx driver, identified as 43-year-old William Convery , was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of van that hit him was airlifted to Robert Wood Johnson Hospital.
Police say Convery was standing in the rear of the truck when the car struck him, killing him.
The identity of the driver has not been released, and the circumstances of the crash are unknown at this time.
No charges have been filed at this time.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, woodbridge, accident, pedestrian struck, new jersey news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler 45 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center 50 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Video shows burglar cashing in lotto tickets in Queens 47 min ago
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect 19 min ago
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack 11 min ago
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- New York City pre-K signups end on Wednesday 6 min ago
- Photos: A look back at the 1964 World's Fair
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler
45 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos