New Jersey News
FedEx driver struck and killed in New Jersey
WOODBRIDGE (WABC) -- A FedEx driver making a delivery in New Jersey was struck and killed by a passing van Friday morning.
The incident happened on New Dover Road and Fairview Avenue in the Colonia section of Woodbridge just before 11 a.m.
The FedEx driver, identified as 43-year-old William Convery , was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of van that hit him was airlifted to Robert Wood Johnson Hospital.
Police say Convery was standing in the rear of the truck when the car struck him, killing him.
The identity of the driver has not been released, and the circumstances of the crash are unknown at this time.
No charges have been filed at this time.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, woodbridge, accident, pedestrian struck, new jersey news
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd 42 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday 18 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K 22 min ago
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority 31 min ago
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run 39 min ago
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
42 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
18 min ago