New Jersey News
Man fatally struck on Garden State Parkway
KENILWORTH (WABC) -- A man was struck by two vehicles and killed as he ran across the Garden State Parkway in Kenilworth early Monday.
Police say 21-year-old Luis Sarmiento was running across the southbound lanes near milemarker 139.7 just before 1 a.m.
He was struck by two vehicles, both of which pulled over on the side of the highway.
Sarmiento, of Riverside, was apparently running across the highway after getting into a previous two-car crash.
He jumped out of his Honda Accord and ran across the parkway into the southbound lanes, where he was struck.
State Police closed the southbound lanes of the Parkway for several hours as they investigated.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, garden state parkway, pedestrian struck, new jersey news
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center 46 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam 49 min ago
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 50 min ago
- Missing Malaysia plane changed course, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap 8 min ago
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day...
46 min ago
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
49 min ago
- Man who took video explains high school fued
41 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos