New Jersey News
Man fatally struck on Garden State Parkway
KENILWORTH (WABC) -- A man was struck by two vehicles and killed as he ran across the Garden State Parkway in Kenilworth early Monday.
Police say 21-year-old Luis Sarmiento was running across the southbound lanes near milemarker 139.7 just before 1 a.m.
He was struck by two vehicles, both of which pulled over on the side of the highway.
Sarmiento, of Riverside, was apparently running across the highway after getting into a previous two-car crash.
He jumped out of his Honda Accord and ran across the parkway into the southbound lanes, where he was struck.
State Police closed the southbound lanes of the Parkway for several hours as they investigated.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, garden state parkway, pedestrian struck, new jersey news
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen