New Jersey News
Man fatally struck on Garden State Parkway
KENILWORTH (WABC) -- A man was struck by two vehicles and killed as he ran across the Garden State Parkway in Kenilworth early Monday.
Police say 21-year-old Luis Sarmiento was running across the southbound lanes near milemarker 139.7 just before 1 a.m.
He was struck by two vehicles, both of which pulled over on the side of the highway.
Sarmiento, of Riverside, was apparently running across the highway after getting into a previous two-car crash.
He jumped out of his Honda Accord and ran across the parkway into the southbound lanes, where he was struck.
State Police closed the southbound lanes of the Parkway for several hours as they investigated.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, garden state parkway, pedestrian struck, new jersey news
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies 43 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville 17 min ago
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field 28 min ago
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos