New Jersey News
Man fatally struck on Garden State Parkway
KENILWORTH (WABC) -- A man was struck by two vehicles and killed as he ran across the Garden State Parkway in Kenilworth early Monday.
Police say 21-year-old Luis Sarmiento was running across the southbound lanes near milemarker 139.7 just before 1 a.m.
He was struck by two vehicles, both of which pulled over on the side of the highway.
Sarmiento, of Riverside, was apparently running across the highway after getting into a previous two-car crash.
He jumped out of his Honda Accord and ran across the parkway into the southbound lanes, where he was struck.
State Police closed the southbound lanes of the Parkway for several hours as they investigated.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, garden state parkway, pedestrian struck, new jersey news
- Metro North trains collide, 60 people injured
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild 15 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 5 people injured, struck by vehicles in the Bronx
- Vigil held for Hofstra shooting victim
- EXCLUSIVE: Hot oil attack speaks out after hospital release
- Powerball jackpot jumps to $600 million
- Bieber will have to pay for German monkey business
- Woman, boyfriend found shot to death in NJ park
- Tarrytown remembers Hofstra shooting victim
- abcnews: Sole survivor of plane crash breaks silence
- Photos: Scandal Season 2 Finale
- Photos: Metro North trains collide, at least 60...
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild
15 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos