New Jersey News
Dog attacks, seriously injures Lakewood infant
LAKEWOOD, N.J. -- Authorities say a 10-month-old girl suffered life-threatening injuries when she was attacked by a dog inside her family's southern New Jersey home.
Lakewood police tell the Asbury Park Press (http://on.app.com/15n15Vh) that the attack occurred around 8:30 p.m. Saturday.
They say the girl was playing with the dog on the living room floor when it unexpectedly lunged at the child and locked her in its jaws.
The dog, believed to be a bulldog or pit bull, inflicted deep lacerations near the girl's left ear, head and neck. She remained hospitalized Sunday, and further details on her condition were not disclosed.
Authorities say the dog does not belong to the girl's parents, and it's not clear why the animal was in the home. The girl's mother was present when the attack occurred.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, lakewood, dog attack, dog, new jersey news
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site 49 min ago
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder 27 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus 37 min ago
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl 45 min ago
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Boston marks 1 year since deadly Marathon bombings
- Dog saved from burning home in Brooklyn by FDNY
- 13-year-old bystander shot in head in Brooklyn 38 min ago
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia 3 min ago
- Backpacks left at Boaston marathon finish...
52 min ago
- Community rallies around 13-year-old victim...
39 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
27 min ago
- Party bus goes very awry on Long Island
38 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos