New Jersey News
Dog attacks, seriously injures Lakewood infant
LAKEWOOD, N.J. -- Authorities say a 10-month-old girl suffered life-threatening injuries when she was attacked by a dog inside her family's southern New Jersey home.
Lakewood police tell the Asbury Park Press (http://on.app.com/15n15Vh) that the attack occurred around 8:30 p.m. Saturday.
They say the girl was playing with the dog on the living room floor when it unexpectedly lunged at the child and locked her in its jaws.
The dog, believed to be a bulldog or pit bull, inflicted deep lacerations near the girl's left ear, head and neck. She remained hospitalized Sunday, and further details on her condition were not disclosed.
Authorities say the dog does not belong to the girl's parents, and it's not clear why the animal was in the home. The girl's mother was present when the attack occurred.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, lakewood, dog attack, dog, new jersey news
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies 55 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville 29 min ago
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field 40 min ago
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos