New Jersey News
Dog attacks, seriously injures Lakewood infant
LAKEWOOD, N.J. -- Authorities say a 10-month-old girl suffered life-threatening injuries when she was attacked by a dog inside her family's southern New Jersey home.
Lakewood police tell the Asbury Park Press (http://on.app.com/15n15Vh) that the attack occurred around 8:30 p.m. Saturday.
They say the girl was playing with the dog on the living room floor when it unexpectedly lunged at the child and locked her in its jaws.
The dog, believed to be a bulldog or pit bull, inflicted deep lacerations near the girl's left ear, head and neck. She remained hospitalized Sunday, and further details on her condition were not disclosed.
Authorities say the dog does not belong to the girl's parents, and it's not clear why the animal was in the home. The girl's mother was present when the attack occurred.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, lakewood, dog attack, dog, new jersey news
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard 46 min ago
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' fame dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying...
46 min ago