New Jersey News
Dog attacks, seriously injures Lakewood infant
LAKEWOOD, N.J. -- Authorities say a 10-month-old girl suffered life-threatening injuries when she was attacked by a dog inside her family's southern New Jersey home.
Lakewood police tell the Asbury Park Press (http://on.app.com/15n15Vh) that the attack occurred around 8:30 p.m. Saturday.
They say the girl was playing with the dog on the living room floor when it unexpectedly lunged at the child and locked her in its jaws.
The dog, believed to be a bulldog or pit bull, inflicted deep lacerations near the girl's left ear, head and neck. She remained hospitalized Sunday, and further details on her condition were not disclosed.
Authorities say the dog does not belong to the girl's parents, and it's not clear why the animal was in the home. The girl's mother was present when the attack occurred.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, lakewood, dog attack, dog, new jersey news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick 21 min ago
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Newtown school shooting vigils planned for Thursday
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- George Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker after big loss
- Software engineer teaches homeless man how to code
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos