New Jersey News
Dog attacks, seriously injures Lakewood infant
LAKEWOOD, N.J. -- Authorities say a 10-month-old girl suffered life-threatening injuries when she was attacked by a dog inside her family's southern New Jersey home.
Lakewood police tell the Asbury Park Press (http://on.app.com/15n15Vh) that the attack occurred around 8:30 p.m. Saturday.
They say the girl was playing with the dog on the living room floor when it unexpectedly lunged at the child and locked her in its jaws.
The dog, believed to be a bulldog or pit bull, inflicted deep lacerations near the girl's left ear, head and neck. She remained hospitalized Sunday, and further details on her condition were not disclosed.
Authorities say the dog does not belong to the girl's parents, and it's not clear why the animal was in the home. The girl's mother was present when the attack occurred.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, lakewood, dog attack, dog, new jersey news
- Heavy rain sparks flash flooding 39 min ago
- AccuWeather Alert: Drenching downpours
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area 26 min ago
- Boy attacked by another on city bus, video 40 min ago
- Boy Scouts to accept openly gay boys as Scouts 56 min ago
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy
- Students injured in Brooklyn pepper spray incident
- Anthony Weiner courts voters in Harlem Thursday 59 min ago
- The New DNA fingerprint: Cell phones
- Photographer chronicles wife's breast cancer battle
- abcnews: 'Extremely Active' Potential For Hurricane... 8 min ago
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale
- Anthony Weiner courts voters in Harlem...
59 min ago