New Jersey News
Firefighters find woman's body in New Jersey home
UPPER FREEHOLD TOWNSHIP, N.J. -- State police say firefighters found a woman's body after extinguishing a blaze at a central New Jersey home.
But it's not yet clear how the woman died or whether the fire caused or contributed to her death.
The blaze at the Upper Freehold Township home was reported early Sunday and extinguished a short time later. The body was found around 1:05 a.m., but further details were not disclosed.
It appears that the woman was alone when the fire broke out at the home in the Monmouth County community.
Authorities say the cause of the fire remains under investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, monmouth county, fire death, new jersey news
- Shelter in place lifted after prisoner captured
- AccuWeather: More clouds, showers
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC wherever you go!
- NYPD officer struck by vehicle during foot pursuit
- Dozens of cats found living in Westbury home
- Townhome fire at golf club in Greenburgh
- Deadly hit and run shuts down Route 4 in Englewood
- Suspect charged in deadly East Village beating
- Photos: Justin Bieber through the years
- LI fire guts commercial building, prompts evacuations
- Obama visit expected to bring traffic to Tarrytown
- Mom of Victoria's Secret dead baby in bag due in court
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos