New Jersey News
Firefighters find woman's body in New Jersey home
UPPER FREEHOLD TOWNSHIP, N.J. -- State police say firefighters found a woman's body after extinguishing a blaze at a central New Jersey home.
But it's not yet clear how the woman died or whether the fire caused or contributed to her death.
The blaze at the Upper Freehold Township home was reported early Sunday and extinguished a short time later. The body was found around 1:05 a.m., but further details were not disclosed.
It appears that the woman was alone when the fire broke out at the home in the Monmouth County community.
Authorities say the cause of the fire remains under investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, monmouth county, fire death, new jersey news
- Police shoot and kill suspect in Ridgefield, Conn. 22 min ago
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- NJ Transit buses delayed 30 minutes
- Teen heading to prom dies in car accident
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash. river
- Bridge collapse calls into question other bridges' safety
- Tree trouble in Dumont
- Eats: Camarones Mi Pueblo at Zapata in Palisades
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
- Parts of Saw Mill Parkway remain closed due...
13 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos