New Jersey News
Firefighters find woman's body in New Jersey home
UPPER FREEHOLD TOWNSHIP, N.J. -- State police say firefighters found a woman's body after extinguishing a blaze at a central New Jersey home.
But it's not yet clear how the woman died or whether the fire caused or contributed to her death.
The blaze at the Upper Freehold Township home was reported early Sunday and extinguished a short time later. The body was found around 1:05 a.m., but further details were not disclosed.
It appears that the woman was alone when the fire broke out at the home in the Monmouth County community.
Authorities say the cause of the fire remains under investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, monmouth county, fire death, new jersey news
- Fire tears through Carlstadt post office
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- Harlem robber caught on camera using ATM
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan hospital attack
- Yanks pitcher Pineda ejected for substance on neck
- Police search for arson suspect in Brooklyn
- Elderly couple hurt in Queens home invasion
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- Photos: On World's Fair's 50th a new national...
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos