New Jersey News
Newark Airport firm to looking to fill 1,000 jobs
NEWARK -- A ground services company at Newark Liberty International Airport is looking to hire 1,000 New Jersey residents for a new cargo and baggage handling operation.
Swissport USA is receiving assistance from the Christie Administration and the Department of Labor to help fill the jobs within the next 60 days.
The company has promised to give priority consideration to applicants displaced by Superstorm Sandy and the long-term unemployed, particularly those already involved in storm cleanup efforts.
Swissport USA is hosting several job fairs in the coming weeks, including one next week at the Wyndham Garden Hotel in Newark.
Candidates for positions ranging from warehouse and cargo office agents to supervisors must have a valid driver's license, a high school diploma, a clean record and a steady work history.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, newark liberty international airport, new jersey news
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise 59 min ago
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- Heroin antidote Narcan saves 6 in Ocean County
- Woman charged in fatal hit and run in Hempstead
- Baby monitors batteries recalled over burn hazard
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies in NYC
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx...
59 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos