New Jersey News
Newark Airport firm to looking to fill 1,000 jobs
NEWARK -- A ground services company at Newark Liberty International Airport is looking to hire 1,000 New Jersey residents for a new cargo and baggage handling operation.
Swissport USA is receiving assistance from the Christie Administration and the Department of Labor to help fill the jobs within the next 60 days.
The company has promised to give priority consideration to applicants displaced by Superstorm Sandy and the long-term unemployed, particularly those already involved in storm cleanup efforts.
Swissport USA is hosting several job fairs in the coming weeks, including one next week at the Wyndham Garden Hotel in Newark.
Candidates for positions ranging from warehouse and cargo office agents to supervisors must have a valid driver's license, a high school diploma, a clean record and a steady work history.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, newark liberty international airport, new jersey news
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95 17 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City 5 min ago
- VIDEO: Obama remembers Mandela
- L train signal problems in Brooklyn 12 min ago
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Police search for suspect in Brooklyn shooting 22 min ago
- Search for suspects in subway attack on two women
- Derailment victim, James Ferrari, laid to rest
- Knicks crush Nets 113-83
- Former South African President Nelson...
16 min ago
- Local dignitaries react to the passing of...
4 min ago
- New Yorkers share thoughts on Nelson...
2 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos