New Jersey News
10 homeless after 4-alarm fire in Jersey City
JERSEY CITY (WABC) -- A four-alarm fire started in one Jersey City home and spread to another Thursday morning, leaving 10 residents homeless.
The fire broke out on Bayview Avenue, where houses are closely packed, just after 4 a.m.
The flames then jumped to the second home before firefighters were able to prevent further spreading.
Ten residents in the two houses were forced out.
A neighboring apartment building was also evacuated as a precaution.
Two firefighters sustained minor injuries battling the blaze. One had a head injury, while the other suffered a groin injury.
Local streets were closed around the fire scene. The cause is under investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, jersey city, fire, new jersey news
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
13 min ago