New Jersey News
Dog clinging to ice rescued from New Jersey river
BRIDGEWATER -- Dog rescued from ice in New Jersey river Firefighters spent two hours rescuing a dog that was clinging to ice in a New Jersey river Wednesday night.
Witnesses said the dog had fallen through the ice and was in the Raritan River in Bridgewater for 30 minutes before help arrived.
Officials say two firefighters were tethered together and turned a ladder on its side to reach the Labrador/Rottweiler mix.
The dog was taken to a veterinary hospital, where it was warmed up.
The dog didn't have a collar, but a microchip helped officials identify its owner.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, raritan river, bridgewater, rescue, new jersey news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield 42 min ago
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- Suspect questioned after body found in container
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11 15 min ago
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- Pope Francis celebrates Easter with prayers for peace
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos