New Jersey News
Essex County to offer gun buyback program
NEWARK -- New Jersey's next gun buyback program is planned for Essex County.
Attorney General Jeffrey Chiesa will announce details during a news conference Thursday morning.
The program will seek to get guns off the streets in Newark, Orange, East Orange, Irvington and Montclair.
The announcement comes days after a gun buyback program in Mercer County netted more than 2,600 firearms, including a rocket launcher and semi-automatic rifles.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, essex county, gun buy back, new jersey news
- Brooklyn police shooting leaves suspect wounded
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela tribute
- Yankees open to Brett Gardner trade 32 min ago
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Man found fatally stabbed in Williamsburg
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- US vet, 85, back home after detained in North Korea
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary