New Jersey News
Essex County to offer gun buyback program
NEWARK -- New Jersey's next gun buyback program is planned for Essex County.
Attorney General Jeffrey Chiesa will announce details during a news conference Thursday morning.
The program will seek to get guns off the streets in Newark, Orange, East Orange, Irvington and Montclair.
The announcement comes days after a gun buyback program in Mercer County netted more than 2,600 firearms, including a rocket launcher and semi-automatic rifles.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, essex county, gun buy back, new jersey news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 25 min ago
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 7 min ago
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Liam Neeson to tour stables amid carriage horse debate
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Rangers top Red Wings 3-0 in Lundqvist's 300th win
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
7 min ago