New Jersey News
Essex County to offer gun buyback program
NEWARK -- New Jersey's next gun buyback program is planned for Essex County.
Attorney General Jeffrey Chiesa will announce details during a news conference Thursday morning.
The program will seek to get guns off the streets in Newark, Orange, East Orange, Irvington and Montclair.
The announcement comes days after a gun buyback program in Mercer County netted more than 2,600 firearms, including a rocket launcher and semi-automatic rifles.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, essex county, gun buy back, new jersey news
- Elderly couple hurt in Queens home invasion 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind 18 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies 7 min ago
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin 29 min ago
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- FBI investigates hoax that sent SWAT teams to house 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind
18 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos