New Jersey News
14 hurt, 2 critically, when SUV, van collide in Lakewood
LAKEWOOD, N.J. (WABC) -- A serious crash involving two vehicles left 14 people injured, two critically, in Lakewood, New Jersey, Tuesday night.
The drivers of a van and an SUV collided at the intersection of New Hampshire Avenue and Pine Avenue around 7:15 p.m.
Eyewitnesses said the van was carrying workers from a nearby car rental facility.
Another van of workers saw the crash and jumped into action, trying to pull victims from the mangled vehicles.
The injured were taken to three different hospitals, including Jersey Shore Medical Center, which confirmed four victims in its trauma center.
The road was shut down for hours during the cleanup and police investigation, but it has since reopened.
Investigators are looking into what caused the crash.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, lakewood, accident, new jersey news
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado 33 min ago
- Metro North New Haven Line to be back Wednesday 21 min ago
- Ex-priest arrested after working with kids in NJ 16 min ago
- Wake to be held for slain Hofstra student as questions linger 12 min ago
- Rally held after West Village hate crime murder
- Elderly man falls in Hudson off of Pier 84
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars 27 min ago
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals 28 min ago
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- 51 people confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado
33 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos