New Jersey News
14 hurt, 2 critically, when SUV, van collide in Lakewood
LAKEWOOD, N.J. (WABC) -- A serious crash involving two vehicles left 14 people injured, two critically, in Lakewood, New Jersey, Tuesday night.
The drivers of a van and an SUV collided at the intersection of New Hampshire Avenue and Pine Avenue around 7:15 p.m.
Eyewitnesses said the van was carrying workers from a nearby car rental facility.
Another van of workers saw the crash and jumped into action, trying to pull victims from the mangled vehicles.
The injured were taken to three different hospitals, including Jersey Shore Medical Center, which confirmed four victims in its trauma center.
The road was shut down for hours during the cleanup and police investigation, but it has since reopened.
Investigators are looking into what caused the crash.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, lakewood, accident, new jersey news
- Malaysia Airlines says plane went missing 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos