New Jersey News
Slain Englewood mom, daughter laid to rest Tuesday
ENGLEWOOD, N.J. (WABC) -- Funeral services were held Tuesday morning for a northern New Jersey mom and her young daughter who were allegedly slain by the mother's boyfriend.
Bergen County prosecutors say 34-year-old Michael Brady of Teaneck stabbed 41-year-old Tam Marie "Tammy" Pitts-Gaddy last week during an argument in her apartment in Englewood.
They say he then used a plastic bag to smother her 5-year-old daughter, Natasia Gaddy, because she had witnessed her mother's slaying.
Brady remains jailed on $2 million bail. He's pleaded not guilty to charges of murder, hindering apprehension and weapons offenses.
Prosecutors say Brady and Pitts-Gaddy had dated for the last three years and lived together at times during their relationship.
The homicides were the first in Englewood this year.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, englewood, crime, new jersey news
- Police captain's home hit with firebomb? 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Anthony Weiner launches bid to become NYC mayor
- Survivors search nearly done after Oklahoma tornado
- FBI shoots man possibly linked to Boston bomb suspects,...
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack
- Connecticut rail service returns to normal
- Funeral to be held Wednesday for slain Hofstra student
- AAA: 31.2M drivers to take Memorial Day road trip 38 min ago
- Garcia apologizes for "fried chicken" remark about Tiger
- Kellie Pickler wins Dancing With The Stars
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos