New Jersey News
Slain Englewood mom, daughter laid to rest Tuesday
ENGLEWOOD, N.J. (WABC) -- Funeral services were held Tuesday morning for a northern New Jersey mom and her young daughter who were allegedly slain by the mother's boyfriend.
Bergen County prosecutors say 34-year-old Michael Brady of Teaneck stabbed 41-year-old Tam Marie "Tammy" Pitts-Gaddy last week during an argument in her apartment in Englewood.
They say he then used a plastic bag to smother her 5-year-old daughter, Natasia Gaddy, because she had witnessed her mother's slaying.
Brady remains jailed on $2 million bail. He's pleaded not guilty to charges of murder, hindering apprehension and weapons offenses.
Prosecutors say Brady and Pitts-Gaddy had dated for the last three years and lived together at times during their relationship.
The homicides were the first in Englewood this year.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, englewood, crime, new jersey news
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild, but rain expected
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Newtown 911 calls released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Metro-North service back 100-percent on Hudson Line
- abcnews: Truck Carrying Radioactive Material Stolen...
- Police arrest 2 in Long Island menorah vandalism
- Man dies paragliding after hitting ice
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013