New Jersey News
One man, 2 firefighters hurt in East Rutherford fire
EAST RUTHERFORD -- Authorities say a fast-moving fire gutted a northern New Jersey home, leaving one resident hospitalized and two firefighters injured.
Dozens of firefighters battled the blaze at the three-story home in East Rutherford, which broke out around 11 a.m. Sunday and spread rapidly through the house. A woman was able to escape the flames, but an unconscious man was pulled from the home and taken to a hospital with undisclosed injuries that were described as "serious."
The two injured firefighters were also being treated at a hospital. One was injured when a hose struck his arm, while the other was being treated for smoke inhalation.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, east rutherford, fire, firefighter injured, new jersey news
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Golden Globes nominations announced 39 min ago
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick
- 'Fake' interpreter says he was hallucinating at Mandela event
- Baby it's cold outside!
- Newtown school shooting vigils planned for Thursday
- George Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker after big loss 4 min ago
- Software engineer teaches homeless man how to code 12 min ago
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos