New Jersey News
One man, 2 firefighters hurt in East Rutherford fire
EAST RUTHERFORD -- Authorities say a fast-moving fire gutted a northern New Jersey home, leaving one resident hospitalized and two firefighters injured.
Dozens of firefighters battled the blaze at the three-story home in East Rutherford, which broke out around 11 a.m. Sunday and spread rapidly through the house. A woman was able to escape the flames, but an unconscious man was pulled from the home and taken to a hospital with undisclosed injuries that were described as "serious."
The two injured firefighters were also being treated at a hospital. One was injured when a hose struck his arm, while the other was being treated for smoke inhalation.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, east rutherford, fire, firefighter injured, new jersey news
- Large explosion, fire reported in East Harlem 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 2 min ago
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Trial begins for New Jersey man accused of killing daughter 45 min ago
- NYC rape-murder cannibal conspiracy trial headed to jury
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys
- Elderly jaywalker roughed up during arrest due in court
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos