New Jersey News
Woman struck, killed by NJ Transit train
SHORT HILLS, N.J. -- New Jersey Transit says a woman was struck and killed by a train in northern New Jersey.
The accident occurred around 10 p.m. Saturday, just west of the Short Hills station. It's not clear why the woman was on the tracks, and authorities say she has not yet been identified.
Officials say the engineer sounded the Dover-bound train's horn and activated the emergency brakes, but could not stop the train in time. None of the 325 passengers and crew aboard the train were injured in the accident.
The cause of the accident remains under investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, train accident, new jersey transit, new jersey news
- Newtown 911 calls released 57 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze' 51 min ago
- Derailment survivor remembers sister who died
- Mayor-elect de Blasio names deputy mayor
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs 25 min ago
- Woman charged with setting minivan fire, kids inside
- abcnews: Truck Carrying Radioactive Material Stolen...
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease 14 min ago
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Bad Dog: Sunny knocks over child at holiday party
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
51 min ago