New Jersey News
Woman struck, killed by NJ Transit train
SHORT HILLS, N.J. -- New Jersey Transit says a woman was struck and killed by a train in northern New Jersey.
The accident occurred around 10 p.m. Saturday, just west of the Short Hills station. It's not clear why the woman was on the tracks, and authorities say she has not yet been identified.
Officials say the engineer sounded the Dover-bound train's horn and activated the emergency brakes, but could not stop the train in time. None of the 325 passengers and crew aboard the train were injured in the accident.
The cause of the accident remains under investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, train accident, new jersey transit, new jersey news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted 11 min ago
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings 10 min ago
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014