New Jersey News
Elderly man killed in Newark house fire
NEWARK (WABC) -- Authorities say a Newark man was killed when a fast-moving fire roared through his two-story home.
City fire officials tell The Star-Ledger of Newark that the man was pulled from the burning home just before 10 a.m. Saturday and was pronounced dead a short time later.
His name has not been released, pending notification of relatives.
No other injuries were reported in the blaze on Palm Street, which was reported around 9:15 a.m. It was not immediately clear if anyone else lived in the residence.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
Arson investigators have been called to the scene.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, fire, fire death, new jersey news
- Residents warned to look out for black ice
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Avonte's mother continues search with new headquarters
- Limited 7 train service on entire line
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
- Fire inside the Marriott Marquis in Times Square
- Man struck and killed by car on LIE
- Flu shots could be mandatory for NYC kids
- Photos: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures
- WestJet plays Santa to 250 lucky passengers
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide