New Jersey News
Elderly man killed in Newark house fire
NEWARK (WABC) -- Authorities say a Newark man was killed when a fast-moving fire roared through his two-story home.
City fire officials tell The Star-Ledger of Newark that the man was pulled from the burning home just before 10 a.m. Saturday and was pronounced dead a short time later.
His name has not been released, pending notification of relatives.
No other injuries were reported in the blaze on Palm Street, which was reported around 9:15 a.m. It was not immediately clear if anyone else lived in the residence.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
Arson investigators have been called to the scene.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, fire, fire death, new jersey news
- Missing plane may have turned back 44 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Violence in Bronx leaves 1 dead, 1 injured
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Stage collapses at California high school: 30-40 hurt
- Spring forward: Clocks turned ahead one hour
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Missing plane may have turned back
44 min ago