New Jersey News
Elderly man killed in Newark house fire
NEWARK (WABC) -- Authorities say a Newark man was killed when a fast-moving fire roared through his two-story home.
City fire officials tell The Star-Ledger of Newark that the man was pulled from the burning home just before 10 a.m. Saturday and was pronounced dead a short time later.
His name has not been released, pending notification of relatives.
No other injuries were reported in the blaze on Palm Street, which was reported around 9:15 a.m. It was not immediately clear if anyone else lived in the residence.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
Arson investigators have been called to the scene.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, fire, fire death, new jersey news
- Fire tears through Carlstadt post office
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- Harlem robber caught on camera using ATM
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan hospital attack
- Yanks pitcher Pineda ejected for substance on neck
- Police search for arson suspect in Brooklyn
- Elderly couple hurt in Queens home invasion
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- Photos: On World's Fair's 50th a new national...
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos