New Jersey News
Elderly man killed in Newark house fire
NEWARK (WABC) -- Authorities say a Newark man was killed when a fast-moving fire roared through his two-story home.
City fire officials tell The Star-Ledger of Newark that the man was pulled from the burning home just before 10 a.m. Saturday and was pronounced dead a short time later.
His name has not been released, pending notification of relatives.
No other injuries were reported in the blaze on Palm Street, which was reported around 9:15 a.m. It was not immediately clear if anyone else lived in the residence.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
Arson investigators have been called to the scene.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, fire, fire death, new jersey news
- Actor James Gandolfini dead at 51 3 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Joe Torre's daughter catches child from awning
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx
- Leonia firehouse reopens after sex assault
- UFT endorses Thompson for NYC mayor
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth
- American Medical Association calling obesity a disease
- Men's Warehouse fires founder/spokesman George Zimmer
- Photos: James Gandolfini through the years 3 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013 12 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos