New Jersey News
Elderly man killed in Newark house fire
NEWARK (WABC) -- Authorities say a Newark man was killed when a fast-moving fire roared through his two-story home.
City fire officials tell The Star-Ledger of Newark that the man was pulled from the burning home just before 10 a.m. Saturday and was pronounced dead a short time later.
His name has not been released, pending notification of relatives.
No other injuries were reported in the blaze on Palm Street, which was reported around 9:15 a.m. It was not immediately clear if anyone else lived in the residence.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
Arson investigators have been called to the scene.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, fire, fire death, new jersey news
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87 44 min ago
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn 11 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Deal reached on calming Ukraine tensions
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87 2 min ago
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- Mug shot released of McNabb after Ariz. arrest