New Jersey News
Plane blows tires, veers off runway at Newark Airport
NEWARK (WABC) -- A United Express plane from western New York blew four tires as it landed at Newark Liberty International Airport and veered off a runway Sunday night.
Port Authority of New York and New Jersey spokesman Ron Marsico says Flight 4480 from Rochester was landing Sunday night in New Jersey when several rear tires blew. The plane veered onto a taxiway, but didn't strike anything.
The plane was carrying eight passengers and five crew members. No one was hurt.
Sources tell Eyewitness News that the plane came very close to hitting the FAA Navigation Building.
All of the passengers on board were safely de-planed and were sent to the terminal.
The incident did not interfere with airport operations.
It wasn't the only mishap at the Newark airport on Sunday.
Earlier in the day, a United Airlines employee became pinned between a luggage cart and a food service truck. The worker was seriously hurt. It's unclear how the accident happened.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, newark liberty international airport, newark international airport, new jersey news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 55 min ago
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week 24 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet 37 min ago
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx 11 min ago
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Vietnam says cannot find object from...
37 min ago
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
24 min ago