New Jersey News
Plane blows tires, veers off runway at Newark Airport
NEWARK (WABC) -- A United Express plane from western New York blew four tires as it landed at Newark Liberty International Airport and veered off a runway Sunday night.
Port Authority of New York and New Jersey spokesman Ron Marsico says Flight 4480 from Rochester was landing Sunday night in New Jersey when several rear tires blew. The plane veered onto a taxiway, but didn't strike anything.
The plane was carrying eight passengers and five crew members. No one was hurt.
Sources tell Eyewitness News that the plane came very close to hitting the FAA Navigation Building.
All of the passengers on board were safely de-planed and were sent to the terminal.
The incident did not interfere with airport operations.
It wasn't the only mishap at the Newark airport on Sunday.
Earlier in the day, a United Airlines employee became pinned between a luggage cart and a food service truck. The worker was seriously hurt. It's unclear how the accident happened.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, newark liberty international airport, newark international airport, new jersey news
- Anthony Weiner launches bid to become NYC mayor 32 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid 40 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Survivors search nearly done after Oklahoma tornado 23 min ago
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack 7 min ago
- Accident involving fire truck at accident-prone corner
- Connecticut rail service to return to normal Wednesday
- The return of the Green Card Scammer
- Rangers lose 2-1 to Bruins, now 0-3 in series
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Survivors search nearly done after Oklahoma...
23 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
40 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos