New Jersey News
Plane blows tires, veers off runway at Newark Airport
NEWARK (WABC) -- A United Express plane from western New York blew four tires as it landed at Newark Liberty International Airport and veered off a runway Sunday night.
Port Authority of New York and New Jersey spokesman Ron Marsico says Flight 4480 from Rochester was landing Sunday night in New Jersey when several rear tires blew. The plane veered onto a taxiway, but didn't strike anything.
The plane was carrying eight passengers and five crew members. No one was hurt.
Sources tell Eyewitness News that the plane came very close to hitting the FAA Navigation Building.
All of the passengers on board were safely de-planed and were sent to the terminal.
The incident did not interfere with airport operations.
It wasn't the only mishap at the Newark airport on Sunday.
Earlier in the day, a United Airlines employee became pinned between a luggage cart and a food service truck. The worker was seriously hurt. It's unclear how the accident happened.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, newark liberty international airport, newark international airport, new jersey news
- Firefighters struggle to contain NJ forest fires
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Brush fire in Beachwood, New Jersey
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games
- Man brutalizes women with hammer in Astoria apartment
- Justin Bieber being held at LAX
- NYU investigating pro-Palestine 'eviction' fliers
- 9-year-old dies in fall from Bronx high-rise
- Suspect charged with throwing Molotov Cocktail into deli
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green