New Jersey News
Plane blows tires, veers off runway at Newark Airport
NEWARK (WABC) -- A United Express plane from western New York blew four tires as it landed at Newark Liberty International Airport and veered off a runway Sunday night.
Port Authority of New York and New Jersey spokesman Ron Marsico says Flight 4480 from Rochester was landing Sunday night in New Jersey when several rear tires blew. The plane veered onto a taxiway, but didn't strike anything.
The plane was carrying eight passengers and five crew members. No one was hurt.
Sources tell Eyewitness News that the plane came very close to hitting the FAA Navigation Building.
All of the passengers on board were safely de-planed and were sent to the terminal.
The incident did not interfere with airport operations.
It wasn't the only mishap at the Newark airport on Sunday.
Earlier in the day, a United Airlines employee became pinned between a luggage cart and a food service truck. The worker was seriously hurt. It's unclear how the accident happened.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, newark liberty international airport, newark international airport, new jersey news
- Newtown 911 calls released
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week 17 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Derailment survivor remembers sister who died 39 min ago
- Mayor-elect de Blasio names deputy mayor
- Moriches boat crash injures 3 fishermen
- Search for missing teenager in Linden, New Jersey
- Woman's body discovered in Rochelle Park
- 5-year old girl from East Harlem found 3 min ago
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Bad Dog: Sunny knocks over child at holiday party 38 min ago
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week
17 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos