New Jersey News
Funeral services for teen who fell through ice
MOUNT OLIVE, N.J. (WABC) -- Funeral services are being held Saturday for one of the two teenagers who fell through the ice in northern New Jersey this past week.
Family and friends gathered Friday night for the wake for 15-year old Nick Cianciotto.
He disappeared along with a friend in Budd Lake in Mount Olive.
The body of Clyde Schimanski III was found late Wednesday afternoon, one day after Cianciotto's body had been recovered.
Officials have said the boys were out fishing on the mostly frozen lake shortly after 6 p.m. Monday when they somehow ended up in the water.
Police received reports of screams for help coming from the lake a short time later.
Authorities have said two residents went out on a boat in a bid to rescue the teens, but failed to find anyone.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, morris county, ice, new jersey news
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Malaysian Airlines asks for help in hunt for missing plane
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Trial begins for New Jersey man accused of killing daughter 26 min ago
- Brothers plead guilty in Orthodox Jewish divorce scandal 40 min ago
- Greenwich Village fatal bus-truck suspect due in court 15 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 32 min ago
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25 40 min ago
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building 11 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos