New Jersey News
Funeral services for teen who fell through ice
MOUNT OLIVE, N.J. (WABC) -- Funeral services are being held Saturday for one of the two teenagers who fell through the ice in northern New Jersey this past week.
Family and friends gathered Friday night for the wake for 15-year old Nick Cianciotto.
He disappeared along with a friend in Budd Lake in Mount Olive.
The body of Clyde Schimanski III was found late Wednesday afternoon, one day after Cianciotto's body had been recovered.
Officials have said the boys were out fishing on the mostly frozen lake shortly after 6 p.m. Monday when they somehow ended up in the water.
Police received reports of screams for help coming from the lake a short time later.
Authorities have said two residents went out on a boat in a bid to rescue the teens, but failed to find anyone.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, morris county, ice, new jersey news
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- Heroin antidote Narcan saves 6 in Ocean County
- Woman charged in fatal hit and run in Hempstead
- Harlem robber caught on camera using ATM
- Baby monitors batteries recalled over burn hazard
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies in NYC
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos