New Jersey News
Ambulance crashes leaving scene of deadly fire
STILLWATER (WABC) -- An ambulance crashed into a pole while rushing a patient from a fatal fire in New Jersey early Tuesdsay.
The ambulance careened into a pole on Stillwater Road, near Fredon Road, in Stillwater.
The emergency vehicle was transporting a person pulled from the fire to a nearby landing zone for a medivac helicopter.
The 68-year-old victim was transferred from the crashed ambulance to another ambulance and taken to the hospital in unknown condition.
One person died in the fire, in a house on Potters Road, that broke out shortly after 4:30 a.m.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, fire, deadly fire, accident, new jersey news
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday 36 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K 40 min ago
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority 49 min ago
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run 57 min ago
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
36 min ago