New Jersey News
Ambulance crashes leaving scene of deadly fire
STILLWATER (WABC) -- An ambulance crashed into a pole while rushing a patient from a fatal fire in New Jersey early Tuesdsay.
The ambulance careened into a pole on Stillwater Road, near Fredon Road, in Stillwater.
The emergency vehicle was transporting a person pulled from the fire to a nearby landing zone for a medivac helicopter.
The 68-year-old victim was transferred from the crashed ambulance to another ambulance and taken to the hospital in unknown condition.
One person died in the fire, in a house on Potters Road, that broke out shortly after 4:30 a.m.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, fire, deadly fire, accident, new jersey news
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus identified 41 min ago
- AccuWeather: Showers Show Up
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Sunday's Yankees vs. Jays game postponed due to weather 50 min ago
- Authorities: Hofstra student killed by police
- Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- 3 in custody in connection to Yonkers man's death 48 min ago
- 3 wounded after shooting in Bedford-Stuyvesant
- President Obama gives speech to Morehouse graduates 53 min ago
- Metro North trains being removed from accident scene
- Vito Lopez says he will resign effective Monday
- Pacers knock out Knicks with win in Game 6
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport