New Jersey News
Ambulance crashes leaving scene of deadly fire
STILLWATER (WABC) -- An ambulance crashed into a pole while rushing a patient from a fatal fire in New Jersey early Tuesdsay.
The ambulance careened into a pole on Stillwater Road, near Fredon Road, in Stillwater.
The emergency vehicle was transporting a person pulled from the fire to a nearby landing zone for a medivac helicopter.
The 68-year-old victim was transferred from the crashed ambulance to another ambulance and taken to the hospital in unknown condition.
One person died in the fire, in a house on Potters Road, that broke out shortly after 4:30 a.m.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, fire, deadly fire, accident, new jersey news
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner 9 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool 50 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 31 min ago
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games 21 min ago
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- 14.5 pound baby born in Boston
- 2 injured in elevator accident in Manhattan building
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
50 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos