New Jersey News
Ambulance crashes leaving scene of deadly fire
STILLWATER (WABC) -- An ambulance crashed into a pole while rushing a patient from a fatal fire in New Jersey early Tuesdsay.
The ambulance careened into a pole on Stillwater Road, near Fredon Road, in Stillwater.
The emergency vehicle was transporting a person pulled from the fire to a nearby landing zone for a medivac helicopter.
The 68-year-old victim was transferred from the crashed ambulance to another ambulance and taken to the hospital in unknown condition.
One person died in the fire, in a house on Potters Road, that broke out shortly after 4:30 a.m.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, fire, deadly fire, accident, new jersey news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Barrios-Paoli tapped to head health and human services 9 min ago
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Newtown school shooting vigils planned for Thursday
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- George Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker after big loss
- Software engineer teaches homeless man how to code
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire