New Jersey News
2 officers, teen hurt in New Jersey confrontation
PARAMUS, N.J. -- A weekend confrontation between police and several teenage boys in northern New Jersey ended with two officers and one teen suffering minor injuries.
Authorities say two Paramus police officers were involved in a traffic stop early Saturday when a group of about 10 boys happened to walk by.
The youths allegedly began screaming and cursing at the officers, who told them to move on. But they boys refused the directive and a scuffle soon ensued when an officer tried to arrest one of the teens.
The youths ran off when the officers called for backup, but two 16-year-old Teaneck boys were soon captured and charged with rioting.
One teen was also charged with two counts of aggravated assault on a police officer, while the other also faces a weapons offense.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, paramus, police officer injured, new jersey news
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool 45 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 26 min ago
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games 16 min ago
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise 57 min ago
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- 14.5 pound baby born in Boston
- 2 injured in elevator accident in Manhattan building
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx...
57 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
45 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos