New Jersey News
2 suspects in Wayne break-ins arrested
WAYNE, N.J. (WABC) -- There was new information on Saturday night on a string of burglaries in Wayne.
Police arrested 20-year-old Ahmet Islami and 21-year-old Marjorie Alva on Friday after a tipster identified them on surveillance video.
Investigators say the pair robbed at least two homes in Wayne in December.
"And if someone answers the door, they ask if it's okay to go in the backyard to look for a football, then they just leave," said Chief John Reardon, Wayne Police.
That's what they did in the video because the homeowner answered. Wayne Police believe these two may be responsible for a couple of break-ins near Oxbow Place. When they happened neighbors have reported seeing these two around.
"There's a strong coincidence here. Why would they be going to several houses with that same question about looking for a football?" Chief Reardon said.
Two homes were broken into; one on December 3rd, the other, Christmas Eve, a homeowner gave video to police after hearing about the crimes.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, wayne, theft, new jersey news
- Nekisia Davis' mom, Cheryl, stole a 1993 Honda Accord - and she didn't even mean to. 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold 12 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Burlington County woman charged with trying to kill her 3...
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey 31 min ago
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 28 min ago
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
12 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos