New Jersey News
2 suspects in Wayne break-ins arrested
WAYNE, N.J. (WABC) -- There was new information on Saturday night on a string of burglaries in Wayne.
Police arrested 20-year-old Ahmet Islami and 21-year-old Marjorie Alva on Friday after a tipster identified them on surveillance video.
Investigators say the pair robbed at least two homes in Wayne in December.
"And if someone answers the door, they ask if it's okay to go in the backyard to look for a football, then they just leave," said Chief John Reardon, Wayne Police.
That's what they did in the video because the homeowner answered. Wayne Police believe these two may be responsible for a couple of break-ins near Oxbow Place. When they happened neighbors have reported seeing these two around.
"There's a strong coincidence here. Why would they be going to several houses with that same question about looking for a football?" Chief Reardon said.
Two homes were broken into; one on December 3rd, the other, Christmas Eve, a homeowner gave video to police after hearing about the crimes.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, wayne, theft, new jersey news
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- Heroin antidote Narcan saves 6 in Ocean County
- Woman charged in fatal hit and run in Hempstead
- Harlem robber caught on camera using ATM
- Baby monitors batteries recalled over burn hazard
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies in NYC
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos