New Jersey News
3 plead guilty in fatal beating of immigrant
SUMMIT, N.J. -- Three men have pleaded guilty to aggravated manslaughter in the videotaped, fatal beating of a Salvadoran immigrant in an upscale New Jersey community.
Union County Prosecutor Theodore J. Romankow says 21-year-old Nigel Dumas of Morristown, 20-year-old Khayri Williams-Clark and 19-year-old Hakean Fitzgerald, both of Summit, entered their pleas Wednesday.
Prosecutors say robbery was the motive in the July 2010 attack on Abelino Mazariego in Summit. The 47-year-old father of four died days later.
Authorities say a fourth teen, who was not charged, videotaped the attack. Police were alerted to the crime after a friend of the victim's family told them she had seen the video and they alerted police.
Fitzgerald faces 18 years in prison and both Dumas and Williams-Clark face 15 years in prison at their March 8 sentencing.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, assault, immigrants, new jersey news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos