New Jersey News
Man killed, woman wounded in Newark shooting
NEWARK -- Prosecutors say a man was killed and a woman was wounded when shots rang out on a Newark street.
But it's not yet clear what spurred the shootings in the area of South Street and Broad Avenue.
Acting Essex County Prosecutor Carolyn Murray says 20-year-old Efrahim Kinchen was pronounced dead at a hospital around 1:45 p.m. Monday, shortly after the shootings occurred. The other victim, identified only as a 33-year-old woman, was hospitalized in stable condition.
Murray says it appears that the woman was an innocent bystander, but further details on the shootings and the injuries the woman suffered were not disclosed.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, shooting, new jersey news
- New measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash 6 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2 26 min ago
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- Firefightes battling Bronx car fire find body inside 40 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 26 min ago
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker 3 min ago
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns' 31 min ago
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash...
26 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather...
6 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam...
26 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos