New Jersey News
Man killed, woman wounded in Newark shooting
NEWARK -- Prosecutors say a man was killed and a woman was wounded when shots rang out on a Newark street.
But it's not yet clear what spurred the shootings in the area of South Street and Broad Avenue.
Acting Essex County Prosecutor Carolyn Murray says 20-year-old Efrahim Kinchen was pronounced dead at a hospital around 1:45 p.m. Monday, shortly after the shootings occurred. The other victim, identified only as a 33-year-old woman, was hospitalized in stable condition.
Murray says it appears that the woman was an innocent bystander, but further details on the shootings and the injuries the woman suffered were not disclosed.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, shooting, new jersey news
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner 59 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 23 min ago
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Dead cats found in bags hanging from tree in Yonkers 36 min ago
- 14.5 pound baby born in Boston
- 2 injured in elevator accident in Manhattan building 29 min ago
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos