New Jersey News
Man killed, woman wounded in Newark shooting
NEWARK -- Prosecutors say a man was killed and a woman was wounded when shots rang out on a Newark street.
But it's not yet clear what spurred the shootings in the area of South Street and Broad Avenue.
Acting Essex County Prosecutor Carolyn Murray says 20-year-old Efrahim Kinchen was pronounced dead at a hospital around 1:45 p.m. Monday, shortly after the shootings occurred. The other victim, identified only as a 33-year-old woman, was hospitalized in stable condition.
Murray says it appears that the woman was an innocent bystander, but further details on the shootings and the injuries the woman suffered were not disclosed.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, shooting, new jersey news
- At least 8 hurt when car jumps curb in East Village 12 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Comfortable
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Robbery suspect dead in Brooklyn police shooting
- Worker pulled from waist-deep mud in Queens trench
- One of US FBI's 10 most wanted nabbed in Mexico
- New York City redesigns flood map in Sandy's wake
- Natura recalls all brands of dry pet food
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- JFK terminal among endangered historic sites
- Photos: Most endangered historic places
- Photos: Queens trench rescue 48 min ago