New Jersey News
Man killed, woman wounded in Newark shooting
NEWARK -- Prosecutors say a man was killed and a woman was wounded when shots rang out on a Newark street.
But it's not yet clear what spurred the shootings in the area of South Street and Broad Avenue.
Acting Essex County Prosecutor Carolyn Murray says 20-year-old Efrahim Kinchen was pronounced dead at a hospital around 1:45 p.m. Monday, shortly after the shootings occurred. The other victim, identified only as a 33-year-old woman, was hospitalized in stable condition.
Murray says it appears that the woman was an innocent bystander, but further details on the shootings and the injuries the woman suffered were not disclosed.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, shooting, new jersey news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
- Mayor-elect de Blasio to visit White House
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Budget vote approved in the House
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees