New Jersey News
Man charged with stabbing 2 at homeless encampment
LAKEWOOD, N.J. -- Aggravated assault charges have been filed against a man who allegedly stabbed two other people at an encampment of homeless people near the Jersey shore.
Forty-two-year-old Robert Faison also faces a weapons charge stemming from Saturday's attacks at Tent City, an encampment in the woods of Lakewood. He was being held Sunday on $80,000 bail.
Authorities say a man was stabbed in his chest and buttocks, while a woman was stabbed in her left arm and on the right side of her body. Both were being treated at a hospital, but their wounds are not considered life-threatening.
It was not clear what spurred the attacks, which occurred around 6:30 p.m. Authorities say the victims identified Faison as their assailant, but he was not located until late Saturday night.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, lakewood, homeless, stabbing, new jersey news
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports 37 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane 39 min ago
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- CT hockey referee arrested after removing child from ice
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew...
37 min ago