New Jersey News
Man charged with stabbing 2 at homeless encampment
LAKEWOOD, N.J. -- Aggravated assault charges have been filed against a man who allegedly stabbed two other people at an encampment of homeless people near the Jersey shore.
Forty-two-year-old Robert Faison also faces a weapons charge stemming from Saturday's attacks at Tent City, an encampment in the woods of Lakewood. He was being held Sunday on $80,000 bail.
Authorities say a man was stabbed in his chest and buttocks, while a woman was stabbed in her left arm and on the right side of her body. Both were being treated at a hospital, but their wounds are not considered life-threatening.
It was not clear what spurred the attacks, which occurred around 6:30 p.m. Authorities say the victims identified Faison as their assailant, but he was not located until late Saturday night.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, lakewood, homeless, stabbing, new jersey news
- UK: Victim in London attack was serving soldier
- AccuWeather: Stormy day
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- West Point soldier charged with videotaping women
- Truck driver helps catch hit-and-run suspect in Queens
- Oklahoma residents begin hard recovery after tornado
- Anthony Weiner to court voters in Harlem Thursday
- Jersey City boy killed outside home to be laid to rest
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured
- Operation Swill: cheap booze in premium liquor bottles
- abcnews: Oklahoma tornado: Before and after photos
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Photos: Accuweather forecast in pictures 49 min ago