New Jersey News
Man charged with stabbing 2 at homeless encampment
LAKEWOOD, N.J. -- Aggravated assault charges have been filed against a man who allegedly stabbed two other people at an encampment of homeless people near the Jersey shore.
Forty-two-year-old Robert Faison also faces a weapons charge stemming from Saturday's attacks at Tent City, an encampment in the woods of Lakewood. He was being held Sunday on $80,000 bail.
Authorities say a man was stabbed in his chest and buttocks, while a woman was stabbed in her left arm and on the right side of her body. Both were being treated at a hospital, but their wounds are not considered life-threatening.
It was not clear what spurred the attacks, which occurred around 6:30 p.m. Authorities say the victims identified Faison as their assailant, but he was not located until late Saturday night.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, lakewood, homeless, stabbing, new jersey news
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Boston marks 1 year since deadly Marathon bombings
- Dog saved from burning home in Brooklyn by FDNY
- 13-year-old bystander shot in head in Brooklyn
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos