New Jersey News
Man charged with stabbing 2 at homeless encampment
LAKEWOOD, N.J. -- Aggravated assault charges have been filed against a man who allegedly stabbed two other people at an encampment of homeless people near the Jersey shore.
Forty-two-year-old Robert Faison also faces a weapons charge stemming from Saturday's attacks at Tent City, an encampment in the woods of Lakewood. He was being held Sunday on $80,000 bail.
Authorities say a man was stabbed in his chest and buttocks, while a woman was stabbed in her left arm and on the right side of her body. Both were being treated at a hospital, but their wounds are not considered life-threatening.
It was not clear what spurred the attacks, which occurred around 6:30 p.m. Authorities say the victims identified Faison as their assailant, but he was not located until late Saturday night.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, lakewood, homeless, stabbing, new jersey news
- AccuWeather: Snow, ice and rain for Saturday
- 7 On Your Side gets back $1-million dollars in 2013 12 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email
- Mayor-elect de Blasio to visit White House 6 min ago
- Mega Millions hits $400M for Friday drawing 18 min ago
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Secret Sales: Dark Chocolate Espresso Beans and Photo Books
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees