New Jersey News
NJ State Trooper injured in Turnpike accident
SECAUCUS, New Jersey (WABC) -- A New Jersey State Police trooper was injured in a crash on the New Jersey Turnpike in Secaucus Friday morning.
The state police cruiser went off the turnpike on the eastern spur near milemarker 113 just after 8:30 a.m.
The vehicle flipped onto its side, and the trooper had to be extricated by first responders.
The trooper was rushed by helicopter to University Hospital in Newark with non life threatening injuries.
The trooper is based out of Newark.
It did not immediately appear that other vehicles were involved in the crash, which is under investigation.
At least two northbound Turnpike lanes on the eastern spur were closed for the investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, officer injured, new jersey turnpike, new jersey news
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela 15 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend 52 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City 26 min ago
- Metro-North derailment victim Jim Lovell to be laid to rest 28 min ago
- L train signal problems in Brooklyn
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Police search for suspect in Brooklyn shooting
- Search for suspects in subway attack on two women
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
52 min ago