New Jersey News
NJ State Trooper injured in Turnpike accident
SECAUCUS, New Jersey (WABC) -- A New Jersey State Police trooper was injured in a crash on the New Jersey Turnpike in Secaucus Friday morning.
The state police cruiser went off the turnpike on the eastern spur near milemarker 113 just after 8:30 a.m.
The vehicle flipped onto its side, and the trooper had to be extricated by first responders.
The trooper was rushed by helicopter to University Hospital in Newark with non life threatening injuries.
The trooper is based out of Newark.
It did not immediately appear that other vehicles were involved in the crash, which is under investigation.
At least two northbound Turnpike lanes on the eastern spur were closed for the investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, officer injured, new jersey turnpike, new jersey news
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend 29 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Sandy-damaged New York Aquarium reopens this weekend
- Bethpage Air Show cancelled for Saturday due to weather 31 min ago
- Thousands run final mile of Boston Marathon 10 min ago
- 2 killed, 1 missing in upstate New York plane crash
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- Teen questioned in Queens bus shooting released
- Amanda Bynes speaks out about arrest
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse