New Jersey News
NJ State Trooper injured in Turnpike accident
SECAUCUS, New Jersey (WABC) -- A New Jersey State Police trooper was injured in a crash on the New Jersey Turnpike in Secaucus Friday morning.
The state police cruiser went off the turnpike on the eastern spur near milemarker 113 just after 8:30 a.m.
The vehicle flipped onto its side, and the trooper had to be extricated by first responders.
The trooper was rushed by helicopter to University Hospital in Newark with non life threatening injuries.
The trooper is based out of Newark.
It did not immediately appear that other vehicles were involved in the crash, which is under investigation.
At least two northbound Turnpike lanes on the eastern spur were closed for the investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, officer injured, new jersey turnpike, new jersey news
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center 17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way 11 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death 35 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 32 min ago
- Missing jet drastically veered off course 29 min ago
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
11 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam...
32 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos