New Jersey News
NJ State Trooper injured in Turnpike accident
SECAUCUS, New Jersey (WABC) -- A New Jersey State Police trooper was injured in a crash on the New Jersey Turnpike in Secaucus Friday morning.
The state police cruiser went off the turnpike on the eastern spur near milemarker 113 just after 8:30 a.m.
The vehicle flipped onto its side, and the trooper had to be extricated by first responders.
The trooper was rushed by helicopter to University Hospital in Newark with non life threatening injuries.
The trooper is based out of Newark.
It did not immediately appear that other vehicles were involved in the crash, which is under investigation.
At least two northbound Turnpike lanes on the eastern spur were closed for the investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, officer injured, new jersey turnpike, new jersey news
- Massive forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise 22 min ago
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- Heroin antidote Narcan saves 6 in Ocean County
- Woman charged in fatal hit and run in Hempstead
- Baby monitors batteries recalled over burn hazard
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies in NYC
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx...
22 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos