New Jersey News
Officer shot at South Jersey police station released
GLOUCESTER COUNTY -- The last of three police officers shot and wounded by an arrested man inside a southern New Jersey police station has left the hospital.
Gloucester Township authorities say Sgt. James Garber, who underwent surgery for a gunshot wound to his abdomen, was discharged Sunday. His two colleagues, Officer Ruth Burns and Sgt. Kevin Thine, were both released on Friday, the day the shooting occurred.
The arrested man, Willingboro resident Eddie Jones III, was a state Department of Corrections civilian employee who had been accused of stalking a former girlfriend.
Jones was shot and killed after he overpowered Burns and disarmed her. Authorities say Jones fired at Burns, but Garber and Thine quickly came to her aid and returned fire on Jones.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, police officer shot, police officer injured, new jersey news
- Firefighters struggle to contain NJ forest fires 38 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Brush fire in Beachwood, New Jersey
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games
- Man brutalizes women with hammer in Astoria apartment
- Justin Bieber being held at LAX
- NYU investigating pro-Palestine 'eviction' fliers
- 9-year-old dies in fall from Bronx high-rise
- Suspect charged with throwing Molotov Cocktail into deli
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green