New Jersey News
2 teen girls shot after basketball game in Newark
NEWARK (WABC) -- Police in New Jersey are investigating a shooting that happened after a high school basketball game.
Two teenage girls were hit at Essex County College in Newark around 6:30 p.m. Thursday.
East Side and Shabazz high schools were playing in the gym prior to the incident.
Each girl was shot once.
Their injuries are not considered life threatening.
The game was attended by more than 1,000 spectators.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, teen, shooting, new jersey news
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- Metro North New Haven Line to be back Wednesday
- Ex-priest arrested after working with kids in NJ
- Wake to be held for slain Hofstra student as questions linger
- Suffolk County parents getting free alcohol test kits
- NJ couple arraigned on animal cruelty charges
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos