New Jersey News
2 teen girls shot after basketball game in Newark
NEWARK (WABC) -- Police in New Jersey are investigating a shooting that happened after a high school basketball game.
Two teenage girls were hit at Essex County College in Newark around 6:30 p.m. Thursday.
East Side and Shabazz high schools were playing in the gym prior to the incident.
Each girl was shot once.
Their injuries are not considered life threatening.
The game was attended by more than 1,000 spectators.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, teen, shooting, new jersey news
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Bill Bratton tapped to return as NYPD commisioner
- Police search for suspect in Brooklyn shooting
- Search for suspects in subway attack on two women
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later 14 min ago
- Photos: Long Island Rail Road massacre 19 min ago
- Metro-North derailment victim Jim Lovell to be laid to rest
- Freeze takes an icy grip on much of the nation
- Bob Dylan's Newport electric guitar for sale