New Jersey News
2 teen girls shot after basketball game in Newark
NEWARK (WABC) -- Police in New Jersey are investigating a shooting that happened after a high school basketball game.
Two teenage girls were hit at Essex County College in Newark around 6:30 p.m. Thursday.
East Side and Shabazz high schools were playing in the gym prior to the incident.
Each girl was shot once.
Their injuries are not considered life threatening.
The game was attended by more than 1,000 spectators.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, teen, shooting, new jersey news
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze to be laid to rest
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Sketch released of suspect in Queens attempted luring
- Baby critical after DWI firefighter hits pregnant woman
- Man stiffs livery cab driver, punches him in the face
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Vladimir Putin
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- $270 million up for grabs in Friday Mega Millions drawing
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos