New Jersey News
Crash on Route 80 in Saddle Brook leaves 1 dead, 7 injured
SADDLE BROOK, N.J. -- State police say a driver was killed and 7 people were hurt when two cars collided on a northern New Jersey highway.
The crash occurred around 7:30 p.m. Saturday on Route 80 westbound.
Police say the man who was killed apparently lost control of his vehicle and collided with a car in another westbound lane. Both cars then went onto the grass median on the right side of the highway and flipped over.
The driver of the first car was ejected and pronounced dead at the scene. His passenger suffered serious injuries and remained hospitalized Sunday, but further details were not disclosed.
Six people in the other car suffered minor injuries in the crash. They were treated at a hospital and later released.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, new jersey news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash