New Jersey News
Crash on Route 80 in Saddle Brook leaves 1 dead, 7 injured
SADDLE BROOK, N.J. -- State police say a driver was killed and 7 people were hurt when two cars collided on a northern New Jersey highway.
The crash occurred around 7:30 p.m. Saturday on Route 80 westbound.
Police say the man who was killed apparently lost control of his vehicle and collided with a car in another westbound lane. Both cars then went onto the grass median on the right side of the highway and flipped over.
The driver of the first car was ejected and pronounced dead at the scene. His passenger suffered serious injuries and remained hospitalized Sunday, but further details were not disclosed.
Six people in the other car suffered minor injuries in the crash. They were treated at a hospital and later released.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, new jersey news
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault 52 min ago
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village