New Jersey News
Crash on Route 80 in Saddle Brook leaves 1 dead, 7 injured
SADDLE BROOK, N.J. -- State police say a driver was killed and 7 people were hurt when two cars collided on a northern New Jersey highway.
The crash occurred around 7:30 p.m. Saturday on Route 80 westbound.
Police say the man who was killed apparently lost control of his vehicle and collided with a car in another westbound lane. Both cars then went onto the grass median on the right side of the highway and flipped over.
The driver of the first car was ejected and pronounced dead at the scene. His passenger suffered serious injuries and remained hospitalized Sunday, but further details were not disclosed.
Six people in the other car suffered minor injuries in the crash. They were treated at a hospital and later released.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, new jersey news
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend 11 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Sandy-damaged New York Aquarium reopens this weekend
- Bethpage Air Show cancelled for Saturday due to weather
- Man accused of DWI with 6-year old daughter in car
- 2 killed, 1 missing in upstate New York plane crash 52 min ago
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- Bridge collapse calls into question other bridges' safety
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse