New Jersey News
State police probing deadly boat crash off New Jersey coast
LONG BRANCH, N.J. -- State police say the cause of a deadly boating accident off the central New Jersey coast this weekend remains under investigation.
Thirty-one-year-old Eric Kim of Woodbridge Township was killed Saturday when the 18-foot pleasure craft he was in and a 38-foot Yellowfin fishing boat collided.
The accident occurred around 1:15 p.m. Saturday in the Atlantic Ocean, about 1.5 miles south of Long Branch.
Kim suffered a head injury in the accident and died a short time later at a hospital. But authorities said Sunday that a cause of death has not yet been determined.
Thirty-four-year-old Soo Lee of Sayreville, who was driving the boat Kim was in, suffered minor cuts in the collision. The four people aboard the larger vessel were not injured.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, long branch, boat accident, new jersey news
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster 15 min ago
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry...
15 min ago