New Jersey News
Police make arrest in deadly Elizabeth hit and run
ELIZABETH, N.J. (WABC) -- Police have made an arrest in a deadly hit and run accident in Elizabeth, New Jersey.
It happened at around 3:40 a.m. Saturday, as a pedestrian was walking west on East Jersey Avenue, across Routes 1 and 9.
He was hit by a vehicle heading south that kept on going.
After a short pursuit, police managed to track down the car and apprehended the driver.
He was taken to an area hospital. The extent of his injuries is still not known.
The pedestrian, whose identity has not yet been released, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, elizabeth, hit and run accident, new jersey news, marcus solis
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Hate crime charge in attack on Columbia Univ. professor
- Suspect questioned after body found in container
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76 21 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014 24 min ago
- Up Close with Diana Williams
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos