New Jersey News
911 calls released in Leonia police shooting
LEONIA, N.J. (WABC) -- Dramatic 911 calls have been released of a fatal police shooting in New Jersey.
Attorneys for the family of the man who was killed say the calls prove Rickey McFadden did not pose a threat during a robbery.
Dispatcher: He's walking?
Caller: A black male. He's holding a butter knife. He's wearing a blue shirt.
Officer: Any weapons?
Dispatcher: A knife.
Officer: A knife. He has a butter knife.
Caller: I saw the whole thing. The manager did not seem to care too much. But I saw the knife come out and he said to the guy, you think I'm playing or whatever. Your man has a gun on him right now.
Lawyers say the tape proves the manager was not in danger from McFadden when he held up a pharmacy last month in Leonia armed with a butter knife.
McFadden died when cops shot him 17 times.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, police shooting, new jersey news
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies 51 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville 25 min ago
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field 36 min ago
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos