New Jersey News
Sea Bright gets recovery boost from rock band Train
SEA BRIGHT, N.J. (WABC) -- Sea Bright, New Jersey, devastated by Hurricane Sandy, is trying to put a good spin on life at the Jersey shore.
The town held a holiday tree lighting Wednesday night, followed by an acoustic concert by the rock band Train.
Singer Pat Monahan came up with the idea for the concert after watching a documentary about storm damage that was put together by 15-year-old Charlotte Nagy, of Rumson.
The teen posted the video on YouTube.
And even though many folks in Sea Bright have been displaced since Sandy hit, the concert certainly lifted their spirits.
About 500 people attended the concert, which will air on VH1 as part of the music network's program Christmas in Sea Bright on Christmas day.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, hurricane sandy, new jersey news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday 31 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death 58 min ago
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash 36 min ago
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon 35 min ago
- Mayor-elect de Blasio to visit White House
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Budget vote approved in the House
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- Charges expected in fraternity death
58 min ago
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash
36 min ago
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
31 min ago
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
35 min ago