New Jersey News
Sea Bright gets recovery boost from rock band Train
SEA BRIGHT, N.J. (WABC) -- Sea Bright, New Jersey, devastated by Hurricane Sandy, is trying to put a good spin on life at the Jersey shore.
The town held a holiday tree lighting Wednesday night, followed by an acoustic concert by the rock band Train.
Singer Pat Monahan came up with the idea for the concert after watching a documentary about storm damage that was put together by 15-year-old Charlotte Nagy, of Rumson.
The teen posted the video on YouTube.
And even though many folks in Sea Bright have been displaced since Sandy hit, the concert certainly lifted their spirits.
About 500 people attended the concert, which will air on VH1 as part of the music network's program Christmas in Sea Bright on Christmas day.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, hurricane sandy, new jersey news
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 49 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store 54 min ago
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen 52 min ago
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
52 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
49 min ago