New Jersey News
1st medical marijuana dispensary open in New Jersey
MONTCLAIR -- New Jersey's first medical marijuana dispensary has finally opened its doors.
Greenleaf Compassion Center in Montclair says they initially will see patients by appointment only. About 20 patients are scheduled to meet Thursday with Greenleaf staff, who have been calling patients in the order the state issued their identification cards.
State officials have registered 338 patients, and another 61 applications are under review.
Patients are limited to no more than two ounces of marijuana per month. But Greenleaf initially plans to sell no more than a half-ounce to each person, so the supply can stretch to every registered patient.
In October, Greenleaf became the first medical marijuana provider licensed in New Jersey nearly three years after passage of a law to allow medicinal cannabis in the state.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, marijuana, medical marijuana, new jersey news
- Newtown 911 calls released
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week 25 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze' 9 min ago
- Derailment survivor remembers sister who died 10 min ago
- Mayor-elect de Blasio names deputy mayor
- Moriches boat crash injures 3 fishermen
- Search for missing teenager in Linden, New Jersey
- Woman's body discovered in Rochelle Park
- 5-year old girl from East Harlem found
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Bad Dog: Sunny knocks over child at holiday party
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
9 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week
25 min ago