New Jersey News
1st medical marijuana dispensary open in New Jersey
MONTCLAIR -- New Jersey's first medical marijuana dispensary has finally opened its doors.
Greenleaf Compassion Center in Montclair says they initially will see patients by appointment only. About 20 patients are scheduled to meet Thursday with Greenleaf staff, who have been calling patients in the order the state issued their identification cards.
State officials have registered 338 patients, and another 61 applications are under review.
Patients are limited to no more than two ounces of marijuana per month. But Greenleaf initially plans to sell no more than a half-ounce to each person, so the supply can stretch to every registered patient.
In October, Greenleaf became the first medical marijuana provider licensed in New Jersey nearly three years after passage of a law to allow medicinal cannabis in the state.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, marijuana, medical marijuana, new jersey news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler 27 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at N.J. shopping center 1 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- Metro-North to require sleep apnea evaluation
- One dead, another rescued in Long Island fire
- Not so fast! Palcohol not approved by federal government
- Passengers step up to help elderly man in bus brawl
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- Brooklyn hit and run suspect identified by police
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler
27 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos