New Jersey News
1st medical marijuana dispensary open in New Jersey
MONTCLAIR -- New Jersey's first medical marijuana dispensary has finally opened its doors.
Greenleaf Compassion Center in Montclair says they initially will see patients by appointment only. About 20 patients are scheduled to meet Thursday with Greenleaf staff, who have been calling patients in the order the state issued their identification cards.
State officials have registered 338 patients, and another 61 applications are under review.
Patients are limited to no more than two ounces of marijuana per month. But Greenleaf initially plans to sell no more than a half-ounce to each person, so the supply can stretch to every registered patient.
In October, Greenleaf became the first medical marijuana provider licensed in New Jersey nearly three years after passage of a law to allow medicinal cannabis in the state.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, marijuana, medical marijuana, new jersey news
- Actor James Gandolfini of "The Sopranos" dies 33 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Joe Torre's daughter catches child from awning 52 min ago
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx 54 min ago
- Leonia firehouse reopens after sex assault
- UFT endorses Thompson for NYC mayor
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Upstate NY men accused of trying to make X-ray weapon 10 min ago
- American Medical Association calling obesity a disease
- Whistle-blower taped guards sleeping at JFK airport
- Photos: James Gandolfini through the years
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos