New Jersey News
High school basketball player collapses, dies in Red Bank
LITTLE SILVER (WABC) -- A New Jersey high school basketball player died Monday after collapsing during a team scrimmage.
Authorities say 17-year-old Albert Martin collapsed around 4:30 p.m., after about 45 minutes of scrimmaging, at Red Bank Regional High School and later died at the hospital.
Martin was a returning forward for the Red Bank varsity team.
His coach says Martin did not have any pre-existing medical conditions, and it is presently unknown what led to his death.
School officials said district counselors and a crisis management team were available for students and staff affected by Martin's death.
Martin was a senior at the school in Monmouth County.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, red bank, new jersey news
- Elderly couple hurt in Queens home invasion 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind 19 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies 8 min ago
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin 30 min ago
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- FBI investigates hoax that sent SWAT teams to house 17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind
19 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos