New Jersey News
High school basketball player collapses, dies in Red Bank
LITTLE SILVER (WABC) -- A New Jersey high school basketball player died Monday after collapsing during a team scrimmage.
Authorities say 17-year-old Albert Martin collapsed around 4:30 p.m., after about 45 minutes of scrimmaging, at Red Bank Regional High School and later died at the hospital.
Martin was a returning forward for the Red Bank varsity team.
His coach says Martin did not have any pre-existing medical conditions, and it is presently unknown what led to his death.
School officials said district counselors and a crisis management team were available for students and staff affected by Martin's death.
Martin was a senior at the school in Monmouth County.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, red bank, new jersey news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow hits southern New Jersey, heads for NYC 47 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire 33 min ago
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Suspect charged with assaulting cop with cane
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia
- NJ restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Tiempo on WABC-TV