New Jersey News
High school basketball player collapses, dies in Red Bank
LITTLE SILVER (WABC) -- A New Jersey high school basketball player died Monday after collapsing during a team scrimmage.
Authorities say 17-year-old Albert Martin collapsed around 4:30 p.m., after about 45 minutes of scrimmaging, at Red Bank Regional High School and later died at the hospital.
Martin was a returning forward for the Red Bank varsity team.
His coach says Martin did not have any pre-existing medical conditions, and it is presently unknown what led to his death.
School officials said district counselors and a crisis management team were available for students and staff affected by Martin's death.
Martin was a senior at the school in Monmouth County.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, red bank, new jersey news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania 13 min ago
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard 7 min ago
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239...
14 min ago
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in...
13 min ago
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
7 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos