New Jersey News
High school basketball player collapses, dies in Red Bank
LITTLE SILVER (WABC) -- A New Jersey high school basketball player died Monday after collapsing during a team scrimmage.
Authorities say 17-year-old Albert Martin collapsed around 4:30 p.m., after about 45 minutes of scrimmaging, at Red Bank Regional High School and later died at the hospital.
Martin was a returning forward for the Red Bank varsity team.
His coach says Martin did not have any pre-existing medical conditions, and it is presently unknown what led to his death.
School officials said district counselors and a crisis management team were available for students and staff affected by Martin's death.
Martin was a senior at the school in Monmouth County.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, red bank, new jersey news
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site 49 min ago
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder 27 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus 37 min ago
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl 45 min ago
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Boston marks 1 year since deadly Marathon bombings
- Dog saved from burning home in Brooklyn by FDNY
- 13-year-old bystander shot in head in Brooklyn 38 min ago
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia 3 min ago
- Backpacks left at Boaston marathon finish...
52 min ago
- Community rallies around 13-year-old victim...
39 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
27 min ago
- Party bus goes very awry on Long Island
38 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos