New Jersey News
Irvington police chief suspended
IRVINGTON, N.J. -- - Irvington Police Chief Michael Chase is suspended without pay.
Monday's action comes after the Essex County Prosecutor's Office found Chase committed at least 130 violations of Attorney general's Office Guidelines and department regulations.
Irvington Police Director Joseph Santiago said the review found Chase had recently stopped an internal misconduct probe of his nephew, who is a police officer.
Santiago also says Chase used department resources and personnel "to facilitate and pay for repairs of a relative's car.
Chase declined comment on the allegations.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, irvington, new jersey news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead 34 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield 47 min ago
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- Suspect questioned after body found in container
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11 20 min ago
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- Pope Francis celebrates Easter with prayers for peace
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos