New Jersey News
Irvington police chief suspended
IRVINGTON, N.J. -- - Irvington Police Chief Michael Chase is suspended without pay.
Monday's action comes after the Essex County Prosecutor's Office found Chase committed at least 130 violations of Attorney general's Office Guidelines and department regulations.
Irvington Police Director Joseph Santiago said the review found Chase had recently stopped an internal misconduct probe of his nephew, who is a police officer.
Santiago also says Chase used department resources and personnel "to facilitate and pay for repairs of a relative's car.
Chase declined comment on the allegations.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, irvington, new jersey news
- Possible 'knockout' attack victim speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 13 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in Jersey City fire 4 min ago
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Cardinal Dolan supports universal pre-k
- Cars burglarized at gyms in Wyckoff and Ridgewood
- Man speaks about shooting would-be burglar
- FDNY battery giveaway for smoke, CO detectors
- Photos: Mariano Rivera's career in pictures
- Spinning class and karaoke all in one
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in...
4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
13 min ago