New Jersey News
Irvington police chief suspended
IRVINGTON, N.J. -- - Irvington Police Chief Michael Chase is suspended without pay.
Monday's action comes after the Essex County Prosecutor's Office found Chase committed at least 130 violations of Attorney general's Office Guidelines and department regulations.
Irvington Police Director Joseph Santiago said the review found Chase had recently stopped an internal misconduct probe of his nephew, who is a police officer.
Santiago also says Chase used department resources and personnel "to facilitate and pay for repairs of a relative's car.
Chase declined comment on the allegations.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, irvington, new jersey news
- Firefighters struggle to contain NJ forest fires 32 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Brush fire in Beachwood, New Jersey
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games
- Man brutalizes women with hammer in Astoria apartment
- Justin Bieber being held at LAX
- NYU investigating pro-Palestine 'eviction' fliers
- 9-year-old dies in fall from Bronx high-rise
- Suspect charged with throwing Molotov Cocktail into deli
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green