New Jersey News
Train to perform in Sea Bright after documentary
SEA BRIGHT, N.J. (WABC) -- A girl's documentary about Sea Bright before, during and after Hurricane Sandy has prompted a special concert by the rock band Train.
The voice behind the camera is a girl who loves the sea and Sea Bright.
"She had an idea of what the storm was going to bring us and she documented it in incredible fashion," said Chris Wood, the founder of "Sea Bright Rising".
Charlotte Nagy videotaped the beach town before, during and after Sandy in a 30 minute documentary she posted onto YouTube.
Someone famous took a look.
Singer Pat Monahan of "Train" blogged about it and, knowing the fan they have in Charlotte, planed a private benefit concert in town for December 5th.
It is being held for residents, volunteers, and especially first responders.
"The first responders were great with search and rescue, everybody found alive, tremendous," Wood said.
The news, in a short time has hit every form of social media and word of mouth has taken it through these broken streets.
"Very awesome, and we're happy that it's out there for us," said Natalie Nicol, a Sea Bright resident.
"We really need this to bring Sea Bright back," said Desiree Pierce, a Sea Bright resident.
Charlotte's sparked this all with the power of social media and her passion for the shore.
The Sea Bright Charlotte documented before Sandy is gone, will probably never be the same again.
But the community seems okay with that, saying their work and love for the town will make it better than before.
Click to watch Charlotte Nagy's documentary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GF9oABZqyl8
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, hurricane sandy, new jersey news, toni yates
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix 32 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow changes to rain and ice, causing slick roads 9 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys
- MTA announces new safety measures after Metro-North derailment
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Giants playoff hopes eliminated after Chargers loss
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
32 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos