New Jersey News
Train to perform in Sea Bright after documentary
SEA BRIGHT, N.J. (WABC) -- A girl's documentary about Sea Bright before, during and after Hurricane Sandy has prompted a special concert by the rock band Train.
The voice behind the camera is a girl who loves the sea and Sea Bright.
"She had an idea of what the storm was going to bring us and she documented it in incredible fashion," said Chris Wood, the founder of "Sea Bright Rising".
Charlotte Nagy videotaped the beach town before, during and after Sandy in a 30 minute documentary she posted onto YouTube.
Someone famous took a look.
Singer Pat Monahan of "Train" blogged about it and, knowing the fan they have in Charlotte, planed a private benefit concert in town for December 5th.
It is being held for residents, volunteers, and especially first responders.
"The first responders were great with search and rescue, everybody found alive, tremendous," Wood said.
The news, in a short time has hit every form of social media and word of mouth has taken it through these broken streets.
"Very awesome, and we're happy that it's out there for us," said Natalie Nicol, a Sea Bright resident.
"We really need this to bring Sea Bright back," said Desiree Pierce, a Sea Bright resident.
Charlotte's sparked this all with the power of social media and her passion for the shore.
The Sea Bright Charlotte documented before Sandy is gone, will probably never be the same again.
But the community seems okay with that, saying their work and love for the town will make it better than before.
Click to watch Charlotte Nagy's documentary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GF9oABZqyl8
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, hurricane sandy, new jersey news, toni yates
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx 35 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Comfortable
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Man shot multiple times in Nassau County
- At least 6 hurt when car jumps curb in East Village 57 min ago
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth
- American Medical Association calling obesity a disease 9 min ago
- Men's Warehouse fires founder/spokesman George Zimmer
- Paula Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate 13 min ago
- Natura recalls all brands of dry pet food
- Slim Whitman, country singer, dies
- Photos: Most endangered historic places
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos