New Jersey News
Explosion rocks Newark neighborhood
NEWARK, N.J. (WABC) -- A massive explosion rocked a neighborhood in New Jersey Wednesday night.
It happened inside a vacant house at 12-14 Fabyan Place in Newark.
At this point it appears to have been a natural gas explosion.
The blast tore apart the vacant building and fire tore through the roof, spreading to the building next door, which was an occupied home. Five people from that building have been displaced.
No one was hurt in the explosion.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, new jersey news
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Mount Vernon responds to racist tweets by Mahopac players
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85 19 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos