New Jersey News
Police-involved shooting in Newark, suspect dead
NEWARK (WABC) -- A police-involved shooting took place in Newark on Tuesday night.
The shooting happened at around 7:45 p.m. at the intersection of Frelinghuysen Avenue and Whittier Place.
The suspect who was shot was taken to University Hospital, where he later died.
Sources say a gun that is believed to be the suspect's was recovered at the scene.
No police officers were shot.
The details of the shooting are under investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, shopping, new jersey news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler 47 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center 52 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Video shows burglar cashing in lotto tickets in Queens 49 min ago
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect 21 min ago
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack 13 min ago
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- New York City pre-K signups end on Wednesday 8 min ago
- Photos: A look back at the 1964 World's Fair
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler
47 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos