New Jersey News
Police-involved shooting in Newark, suspect dead
NEWARK (WABC) -- A police-involved shooting took place in Newark on Tuesday night.
The shooting happened at around 7:45 p.m. at the intersection of Frelinghuysen Avenue and Whittier Place.
The suspect who was shot was taken to University Hospital, where he later died.
Sources say a gun that is believed to be the suspect's was recovered at the scene.
No police officers were shot.
The details of the shooting are under investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, shopping, new jersey news
- Americans on board missing Malaysia Airlines flight ID'd 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman 14 min ago
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Americans on board missing Malaysia...
6 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos