New Jersey News
Police-involved shooting in Newark, suspect dead
NEWARK (WABC) -- A police-involved shooting took place in Newark on Tuesday night.
The shooting happened at around 7:45 p.m. at the intersection of Frelinghuysen Avenue and Whittier Place.
The suspect who was shot was taken to University Hospital, where he later died.
Sources say a gun that is believed to be the suspect's was recovered at the scene.
No police officers were shot.
The details of the shooting are under investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, shopping, new jersey news
- Nekisia Davis' mom, Cheryl, stole a 1993 Honda Accord - and she didn't even mean to. 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold 12 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Burlington County woman charged with trying to kill her 3...
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey 31 min ago
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 28 min ago
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
12 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos