Long Island News
Long Island man formally charged with luring, raping multiple women
HEMPSTEAD (WABC) -- A Long Island man has been formally charged with luring and raping multiple women. Now, police want to know if there are more victims.
23-year-old Ramone Smith is charged with preying on at least three women. Police say he coaxed the victims to his Hempstead apartment by chatting with them online. Once there, cops say he pulled a box cutter, and forced them to the roof where he raped them.
Nassau County Police are asking anyone who feels they may have been a victim of Smith's to give them a call.
long island news, long island, nassau county news, hempstead, rape, long island news
- 4 dead, 280 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 20 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bronx sweep nets suspected gang members 1 min ago
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View" 3 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT 18 min ago
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos