Long Island News
Cops: Drunk Long Island driver hit school bus, car
BRENTWOOD (WABC) -- An East Islip man is under arrest after police say he crashed into a school bus in Brentwood, fled the scene and then crashed into a pregnant woman's vehicle a short distance away.
Kyle Norton allegedly hit the rear of a school bus with six children in it on Broadway and Dolce Street at 3:34 p.m Friday.
According to police, Norton, driving a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer, then fled the scene and crashed into a 2004 Mercury, being driven by a pregnant woman with two children in the car, at Alkier Street and Gibson Avenue at 3:36 p.m.
Four children on the school bus and the woman and her two children were transported to Southside Hospital in Bay Shore for treatment of minor injuries. All have been released. Norton was not injured.
Two Good Samaritans followed Norton after the first crash and called police.
Norton, 37, was charged with DWI, Leaving the Scene of an Accident, Aggravated Unlicensed of a Motor Vehicle 3rd Degree, and Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance 7th Degree. Motor Carrier is conducting a safety check for the school bus.
long island news, long island, brentwood, dwi, drunk driving, long island news
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death 31 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn; 9 hurt
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Queens attempted luring suspect taken into custody
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos