Long Island News
Cops: Drunk Long Island driver hit school bus, car
BRENTWOOD (WABC) -- An East Islip man is under arrest after police say he crashed into a school bus in Brentwood, fled the scene and then crashed into a pregnant woman's vehicle a short distance away.
Kyle Norton allegedly hit the rear of a school bus with six children in it on Broadway and Dolce Street at 3:34 p.m Friday.
According to police, Norton, driving a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer, then fled the scene and crashed into a 2004 Mercury, being driven by a pregnant woman with two children in the car, at Alkier Street and Gibson Avenue at 3:36 p.m.
Four children on the school bus and the woman and her two children were transported to Southside Hospital in Bay Shore for treatment of minor injuries. All have been released. Norton was not injured.
Two Good Samaritans followed Norton after the first crash and called police.
Norton, 37, was charged with DWI, Leaving the Scene of an Accident, Aggravated Unlicensed of a Motor Vehicle 3rd Degree, and Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance 7th Degree. Motor Carrier is conducting a safety check for the school bus.
long island news, long island, brentwood, dwi, drunk driving, long island news
- Fire tears through Carlstadt post office 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool 41 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire 15 min ago
- Boy found dead on building scaffolding in Bronx
- Yanks pitcher Pineda ejected for substance on neck
- Police search for arson suspect in Brooklyn
- Elderly couple hurt in Queens home invasion
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
41 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos