Long Island News
Man fatally shot in chest in East Setauket home
EAST SETAUKET, N.Y. (WABC) -- Police are investigating a deadly shooting on a quiet suburban block on Long Island.
Neighbors say the sound of gunfire was terrifying and unmistakable.
The victims were shot through a side window of the home they shared in Setauket, Long Island at 8:30 Tuesday night.
50-year-old Ross Reisner was struck in the chest and killed.
Friends say his longtime partner, Kevin Murray, was grazed across his arm.
Wednesday night detectives say both were the intended targets of a sniper, lurking in a side yard.
Investigators refused to speculate on a motive or any potential suspects.
But friends tell Eyewitness News that the couple had recently evicted a tenant.
And in recent weeks, Ross Reisner confided that he had been harassed, even threatened.
Reisner was a well-known, well-regarded equestrian. A horse-trainer and a riding instructor who had just opened a horse farm in eastern Long Island.
It is a fast-moving investigation, with several new leads, but so far, no arrests.
long island news, long island, east setauket, shooting, long island news, n.j. burkett
- 4 dead, 280 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 22 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bronx sweep nets suspected gang members 2 min ago
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View" 5 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT 20 min ago
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos