Long Island News
2 Glen Cove elementary schools accused of cheating
GLEN COVE, N.Y. (WABC) -- A cheating scandal involving elementary students has teachers at two schools on Long Island in hot water.
The state Department of Education is now looking into claims that teachers at two elementary schools in Glen Cove helped students answer questions on standardized tests.
The district's Board of Education met Monday night for the first time since the state investigation was launched.
A school board investigator reportedly found teachers at Landing and Connolly elementary schools supplied answers for nearly 85% of students.
long island news, long island, glen cove, long island news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos