Long Island News
2 Glen Cove elementary schools accused of cheating
GLEN COVE, N.Y. (WABC) -- A cheating scandal involving elementary students has teachers at two schools on Long Island in hot water.
The state Department of Education is now looking into claims that teachers at two elementary schools in Glen Cove helped students answer questions on standardized tests.
The district's Board of Education met Monday night for the first time since the state investigation was launched.
A school board investigator reportedly found teachers at Landing and Connolly elementary schools supplied answers for nearly 85% of students.
long island news, long island, glen cove, long island news
- Firefighters struggle to contain NJ forest fires 34 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Brush fire in Beachwood, New Jersey
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games
- Man brutalizes women with hammer in Astoria apartment
- Justin Bieber being held at LAX
- NYU investigating pro-Palestine 'eviction' fliers
- 9-year-old dies in fall from Bronx high-rise
- Suspect charged with throwing Molotov Cocktail into deli
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green