Long Island News
2 Glen Cove elementary schools accused of cheating
GLEN COVE, N.Y. (WABC) -- A cheating scandal involving elementary students has teachers at two schools on Long Island in hot water.
The state Department of Education is now looking into claims that teachers at two elementary schools in Glen Cove helped students answer questions on standardized tests.
The district's Board of Education met Monday night for the first time since the state investigation was launched.
A school board investigator reportedly found teachers at Landing and Connolly elementary schools supplied answers for nearly 85% of students.
long island news, long island, glen cove, long island news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death 37 min ago
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Barrios-Paoli tapped to head health and human services
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Budget vote approved in the House
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- Charges expected in fraternity death
37 min ago