Long Island News
2 Glen Cove elementary schools accused of cheating
GLEN COVE, N.Y. (WABC) -- A cheating scandal involving elementary students has teachers at two schools on Long Island in hot water.
The state Department of Education is now looking into claims that teachers at two elementary schools in Glen Cove helped students answer questions on standardized tests.
The district's Board of Education met Monday night for the first time since the state investigation was launched.
A school board investigator reportedly found teachers at Landing and Connolly elementary schools supplied answers for nearly 85% of students.
long island news, long island, glen cove, long island news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Granderson hits sac fly to lift Mets over Braves in 14
- Anna, Beltran key Yankees' 5-1, 12-inning win