Long Island News
Customers help nab Patchogue Carvel robbery suspect
PATCHOGUE (WABC) -- A man trying to rob a Carvel ice cream store on Long Island was apprehended with the help of some customers.
Suffolk County Police say the man entered the store on East Main Street in Patchogue and removed money from the register.
When he tried to flee, police say he was halted by customers who saw the robbery and held the door closed from the outside, locking him inside the store.
Police say the suspect then smashed through a plate glass window, cutting himself, and took off.
The group of Good Samaritans pursued him and called police.
The suspect was arrested a short time later.
He is identified as 47-year old Glen Gregor of Patchogue.
Gregor was treated for his cuts at Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Center, and is charged with third degree robbery.
long island, patchogue, suffolk county, robbery, long island news
- Search continues for Malaysia Airlines plane 9 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search continues for Malaysia Airlines plane
9 min ago