Long Island News
Customers help nab Patchogue Carvel robbery suspect
PATCHOGUE (WABC) -- A man trying to rob a Carvel ice cream store on Long Island was apprehended with the help of some customers.
Suffolk County Police say the man entered the store on East Main Street in Patchogue and removed money from the register.
When he tried to flee, police say he was halted by customers who saw the robbery and held the door closed from the outside, locking him inside the store.
Police say the suspect then smashed through a plate glass window, cutting himself, and took off.
The group of Good Samaritans pursued him and called police.
The suspect was arrested a short time later.
He is identified as 47-year old Glen Gregor of Patchogue.
Gregor was treated for his cuts at Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Center, and is charged with third degree robbery.
long island, patchogue, suffolk county, robbery, long island news
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 59 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche 30 min ago
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea 2 min ago
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
59 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos