Long Island News
Man accused of using skimming device at Long Island banks
CENTRAL ISLIP (WABC) -- A Romanian citizen is facing charges on Long Island after police say he used a skimming device to steal money from two ATMs.
Authorities say say Marian Serban installed the device and a video camera at Astoria Federal Savings banks in Kings Park and Huntington Station.
They say he stole $9,700 from 13 people and gained access to the financial information of 25 accounts.
Serban, 43, resides in Romania and has been known to stay at various hotels when in the United States. He has previously traveled to Miami, Florida and Las Vegas, Nevada.
He is charged with grand larceny and identity theft.
long island, huntington, theft, long island news
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger 23 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 47 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Possible 'knockout' attack victim speaks out
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Cardinal Dolan supports universal pre-k
- Cars burglarized at gyms in Wyckoff and Ridgewood
- Man speaks about shooting would-be burglar
- FDNY battery giveaway for smoke, CO detectors
- Photos: Mariano Rivera's career in pictures
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in...
38 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
47 min ago