Long Island News
Man accused of using skimming device at Long Island banks
CENTRAL ISLIP (WABC) -- A Romanian citizen is facing charges on Long Island after police say he used a skimming device to steal money from two ATMs.
Authorities say say Marian Serban installed the device and a video camera at Astoria Federal Savings banks in Kings Park and Huntington Station.
They say he stole $9,700 from 13 people and gained access to the financial information of 25 accounts.
Serban, 43, resides in Romania and has been known to stay at various hotels when in the United States. He has previously traveled to Miami, Florida and Las Vegas, Nevada.
He is charged with grand larceny and identity theft.
long island, huntington, theft, long island news
- Woman shot to death in Queens domestic dispute 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash 24 min ago
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery 52 min ago
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Missing autistic boy found in Brooklyn
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
24 min ago