Long Island News
Long Island man charged with DWI after car slams into home
GLEN COVE (WABC) -- A Long Island man is charged drunk driving after he allegedly crashed his car into a home early Tuesday.
Police say 41-year-old Ricardo Medina-Baez, of Long Beach, is hospitalized after slamming into the home on Glen Cove Avenue and University Place in Glen Cove around 1 a.m.
The car then burst into flames, scorching the side of the home.
The extent of Medina-Baez' injuries wasn't immediately known.
An elderly woman who lived in the home was awakened by the crash, smelled the smoke and was able to escape without injury.
The vehicle was impounded.
Medina-Baez was charged with driving while intoxicated and will be arraigned as soon as medically practical.
long island, glen cove, accident, long island news
- Missing plane may have turned back 40 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Violence in Bronx leaves 1 dead, 1 injured
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Clocks turned ahead one hour 16 min ago
- Stage collapses at California high school: 30-40 hurt
- Sen. Rand Paul wins CPAC presidential straw poll 22 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Missing plane may have turned back
40 min ago