Long Island News
Long Island man charged with DWI after car slams into home
GLEN COVE (WABC) -- A Long Island man is charged drunk driving after he allegedly crashed his car into a home early Tuesday.
Police say 41-year-old Ricardo Medina-Baez, of Long Beach, is hospitalized after slamming into the home on Glen Cove Avenue and University Place in Glen Cove around 1 a.m.
The car then burst into flames, scorching the side of the home.
The extent of Medina-Baez' injuries wasn't immediately known.
An elderly woman who lived in the home was awakened by the crash, smelled the smoke and was able to escape without injury.
The vehicle was impounded.
Medina-Baez was charged with driving while intoxicated and will be arraigned as soon as medically practical.
long island, glen cove, accident, long island news
- Cuomo to announce new deal between MTA and Transit Union 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay 14 min ago
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- NYC mayor announces Sandy recovery reforms 30 min ago
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera
- NYC mayor announces Sandy recovery reforms
30 min ago