Long Island News
Homeless woman charged in Hempstead burglary spree
HEMPSTEAD (WABC) -- A 23-year-old homeless woman is charged in a string of burglaries on Long Island.
Police say Shamasia Moore is behind at least five incidents in the Nassau County town of Hempstead.
Moore is accused of stealing jewelry and electronics from the homes over the last two months.
The burglaries happened at homes on Lindent Street, Woodfield Road, Lincoln Avenue, Mulberry Land and Hempstead Gardens Drive. A sixth attempt on Collins Lane reportedly ended when a home alarm was triggered.
Moore is charged with five counts of second-degree burglary and one court of second-degree attempted burglary.
long island, hempstead, burglary, long island news
- JFK baggage handlers charged with theft 17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Mount Vernon responds to racist tweets by Mahopac players 17 min ago
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- LI counterfeit health and beauty products ring busted 6 min ago
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay 28 min ago
- Lonely Michigan boy gets GMA surprise party
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos