Long Island News
Homeless woman charged in Hempstead burglary spree
HEMPSTEAD (WABC) -- A 23-year-old homeless woman is charged in a string of burglaries on Long Island.
Police say Shamasia Moore is behind at least five incidents in the Nassau County town of Hempstead.
Moore is accused of stealing jewelry and electronics from the homes over the last two months.
The burglaries happened at homes on Lindent Street, Woodfield Road, Lincoln Avenue, Mulberry Land and Hempstead Gardens Drive. A sixth attempt on Collins Lane reportedly ended when a home alarm was triggered.
Moore is charged with five counts of second-degree burglary and one court of second-degree attempted burglary.
long island, hempstead, burglary, long island news
- Nekisia Davis' mom, Cheryl, stole a 1993 Honda Accord - and she didn't even mean to. 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold 11 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Burlington County woman charged with trying to kill her 3...
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey 30 min ago
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 27 min ago
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
11 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos