Long Island News
Homeless woman charged in Hempstead burglary spree
HEMPSTEAD (WABC) -- A 23-year-old homeless woman is charged in a string of burglaries on Long Island.
Police say Shamasia Moore is behind at least five incidents in the Nassau County town of Hempstead.
Moore is accused of stealing jewelry and electronics from the homes over the last two months.
The burglaries happened at homes on Lindent Street, Woodfield Road, Lincoln Avenue, Mulberry Land and Hempstead Gardens Drive. A sixth attempt on Collins Lane reportedly ended when a home alarm was triggered.
Moore is charged with five counts of second-degree burglary and one court of second-degree attempted burglary.
long island, hempstead, burglary, long island news
- Snow changes to rain and ice, causing slick roads
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide 57 min ago
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- Obama to pay tribute to Mandela in South Africa
- MTA announces new safety measures after derailment
- Princeton to begin meningitis B vaccinations Monday
- Paul Walker memorial draws thousands in California
- Tough new NYC cockroaches can withstand winter cold 15 min ago
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos