Long Island News
Unauthorized man tried to sign out boy
RIDGE, N.Y. (WABC) -- Police in Suffolk County say a man tried to take a child from a Long Island elementary school.
It happened at Ridge Elementary School on Wednesday.
The man allegedly tried to sign out a 6-year-old boy.
School administrators told him he was not approved to pick up the boy.
The man said he would get the child's mother from the car, but he never came back.
long island, ridge, attempted abduction, long island news
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion 41 min ago
- Yonkers family jumps from window to escape fire 5 min ago
- Photos: 4 injured in Yonkers fire
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in 15 min ago
- Police ID suspect in theft of 1-year old's earrings
- Mega Millions jackpot grows to $400 Million
- FDA pushes to get antibiotics out of meat
- LI pet store thief wanted for stealing puppy
- Interpreter at Mandela ceremony called a 'fake'
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in
15 min ago