Long Island News
Unauthorized man tried to sign out boy
RIDGE, N.Y. (WABC) -- Police in Suffolk County say a man tried to take a child from a Long Island elementary school.
It happened at Ridge Elementary School on Wednesday.
The man allegedly tried to sign out a 6-year-old boy.
School administrators told him he was not approved to pick up the boy.
The man said he would get the child's mother from the car, but he never came back.
long island, ridge, attempted abduction, long island news
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital 35 min ago
- 4 dead, 280 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Bronx sweep nets suspected gang members
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent...
35 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos