Long Island News
UPS impersonator burglarizes Elmont home, ties up residents
ELMONT -- A man impersonating a UPS worker bound two women at their Long Island home before ransacking the place.
Nassau County police say the women, ages 35 and 52, were tied up with plastic ties shortly before 3 p.m. Tuesday. The suspect then removed jewelry, credit cards and other personal property from the Elmont home before fleeing.
The women and an infant boy who was in the house at the time were not injured.
Police ask anyone with information about the burglary to contact the Crime Stoppers hot line at 800-244-TIPS.
long island, elmont, home invasion, robbery, long island news
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster