Long Island News
UPS impersonator burglarizes Elmont home, ties up residents
ELMONT -- A man impersonating a UPS worker bound two women at their Long Island home before ransacking the place.
Nassau County police say the women, ages 35 and 52, were tied up with plastic ties shortly before 3 p.m. Tuesday. The suspect then removed jewelry, credit cards and other personal property from the Elmont home before fleeing.
The women and an infant boy who was in the house at the time were not injured.
Police ask anyone with information about the burglary to contact the Crime Stoppers hot line at 800-244-TIPS.
long island, elmont, home invasion, robbery, long island news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 37 min ago
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week 6 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet 19 min ago
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Vietnam says cannot find object from...
19 min ago
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
6 min ago