Long Island News
UPS impersonator burglarizes Elmont home, ties up residents
ELMONT -- A man impersonating a UPS worker bound two women at their Long Island home before ransacking the place.
Nassau County police say the women, ages 35 and 52, were tied up with plastic ties shortly before 3 p.m. Tuesday. The suspect then removed jewelry, credit cards and other personal property from the Elmont home before fleeing.
The women and an infant boy who was in the house at the time were not injured.
Police ask anyone with information about the burglary to contact the Crime Stoppers hot line at 800-244-TIPS.
long island, elmont, home invasion, robbery, long island news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday 2 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death 19 min ago
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Barrios-Paoli tapped to head health and human services
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Budget vote approved in the House
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- Charges expected in fraternity death
19 min ago
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
2 min ago