Long Island News
Long Island home health aide accused of robbing patient
BELLPORT (WABC) -- A 22-year-old home health aide on Long Island is charged with stealing a patient's Rolex watch.
Joanne Pinder, of Mastic, is accused of taking the $7,000 Rolex and replacing it with a cheap fake one.
The 86-year-old Bellport Village man for whom she was caring noticed the watch had been switched and called police.
Police say the real watch was found in Pinder's car.
Pinder is charged with fifth-degree grand larceny and aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
long island, robbery, long island news
- Massive forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise 23 min ago
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- Heroin antidote Narcan saves 6 in Ocean County
- Woman charged in fatal hit and run in Hempstead
- Baby monitors batteries recalled over burn hazard
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies in NYC
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx...
23 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos