Long Island News
Long Island home health aide accused of robbing patient
BELLPORT (WABC) -- A 22-year-old home health aide on Long Island is charged with stealing a patient's Rolex watch.
Joanne Pinder, of Mastic, is accused of taking the $7,000 Rolex and replacing it with a cheap fake one.
The 86-year-old Bellport Village man for whom she was caring noticed the watch had been switched and called police.
Police say the real watch was found in Pinder's car.
Pinder is charged with fifth-degree grand larceny and aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
long island, robbery, long island news
- Newtown 911 calls released 23 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week 47 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Most Metro-North service resumes on Hudson Line
- Mayor-elect de Blasio names deputy mayor
- Moriches boat crash injures 3 fishermen
- Search for missing teenager in Linden, New Jersey
- Woman's body discovered in Rochelle Park 26 min ago
- Wake for one of high school sweethearts killed in crash
- 5-year old girl from East Harlem missing
- Prospect Park Zoo welcomes two new Zebus
- 'Fast & Furious 7' halted after Paul Walker's death
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week
47 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos