Long Island News
Long Island home health aide accused of robbing patient
BELLPORT (WABC) -- A 22-year-old home health aide on Long Island is charged with stealing a patient's Rolex watch.
Joanne Pinder, of Mastic, is accused of taking the $7,000 Rolex and replacing it with a cheap fake one.
The 86-year-old Bellport Village man for whom she was caring noticed the watch had been switched and called police.
Police say the real watch was found in Pinder's car.
Pinder is charged with fifth-degree grand larceny and aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
long island, robbery, long island news
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Photos: Boston Marathon: One year later
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- 3 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT 42 min ago
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- 3-year-old boy gets stuck in Nebraska claw machine 37 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos