Long Island News
Suspects due in court in Long Island machete attack
NEW CASSEL (WABC) -- Two men are due in Long Island court Monday to face charges in a vicious attack in New Cassel.
Police say David and Geovany Hernandez helped in a machete attack against three men last month.
The pair is being arraigned on attempted murder, assault and weapons charges.
The attack happened on March 31 around 2:30 a.m.
According to detectives, 911 received a call for a male bleeding on the street in front of La Casa Del Marisco restaurant on Old Country Road.
Upon arrival, police found three male victims, ages 35, 34 and 23, bleeding severely from the face, neck and hands. It appeared that the wounds may have been caused by a machete attack.
After an investigation, 22-year-old Miguel Flores and 25-year-old Jose Hernandez were arrested. David Hernandez, 17, and Geovany Herandez, 20, were arrested over the weekend.
The victims were transported to a local hospital in serious condition.
long island, new cassel, long island news
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Man in coma after Queens hit and run 34 min ago
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks head 9 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for...
3 min ago