Long Island News
Suspects due in court in Long Island machete attack
NEW CASSEL (WABC) -- Two men are due in Long Island court Monday to face charges in a vicious attack in New Cassel.
Police say David and Geovany Hernandez helped in a machete attack against three men last month.
The pair is being arraigned on attempted murder, assault and weapons charges.
The attack happened on March 31 around 2:30 a.m.
According to detectives, 911 received a call for a male bleeding on the street in front of La Casa Del Marisco restaurant on Old Country Road.
Upon arrival, police found three male victims, ages 35, 34 and 23, bleeding severely from the face, neck and hands. It appeared that the wounds may have been caused by a machete attack.
After an investigation, 22-year-old Miguel Flores and 25-year-old Jose Hernandez were arrested. David Hernandez, 17, and Geovany Herandez, 20, were arrested over the weekend.
The victims were transported to a local hospital in serious condition.
long island, new cassel, long island news
- Bergen County officer hurt in Lodi crash 26 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 15 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Missing autistic boy found in Brooklyn 17 min ago
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
15 min ago