Long Island News
Dozens displaced by raging fire in Coram
CORAM (WABC) -- Dozens of people are displaced after a raging fire destroyed a building on Long Island Sunday.
Investigators say contractors working on pipes with a torch started the fire at the apartment complex in Coram.
The fire quickly spread inside the walls and attic.
The inside of the building was engulfed in flames when emergency crews arrived.
A large portion of the roof collapsed, making the entire structure unstable.
Officials say 40 people lived in the 16-unit apartment building.
long island, coram, fire, long island news
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death 31 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn; 9 hurt
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Queens attempted luring suspect taken into custody
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos