Long Island News
Dozens displaced by raging fire in Coram
CORAM (WABC) -- Dozens of people are displaced after a raging fire destroyed a building on Long Island Sunday.
Investigators say contractors working on pipes with a torch started the fire at the apartment complex in Coram.
The fire quickly spread inside the walls and attic.
The inside of the building was engulfed in flames when emergency crews arrived.
A large portion of the roof collapsed, making the entire structure unstable.
Officials say 40 people lived in the 16-unit apartment building.
long island, coram, fire, long island news
- Fire tears through Carlstadt post office
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- Harlem robber caught on camera using ATM
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan hospital attack
- Yanks pitcher Pineda ejected for substance on neck
- Police search for arson suspect in Brooklyn
- Elderly couple hurt in Queens home invasion
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- Photos: On World's Fair's 50th a new national...
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos